cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Turn off inappropriate ads

@Jnugzzz Our support team took a look at your account and mentioned that you currently have it set up to allow explicit content.

Check out my post above for tips on how you can prevent explicit content from playing on your account. 

If you'd like to have an option to rate ads or turn specific ads off, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion. 

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Turn off inappropriate ads

Underground

Yes I specifically mentioned In my post that I don’t want to remove songs that may have “explicit” content. I also specifically already mentioned that I have read a million of these comments about this where many other users already said that turning off the explicit content doesn’t even remove the ads in question. I will submit the suggestion, but clearly this has been suggested by many others before and it **ahem** that Pandora isn’t willing to listen because I like them a lot more than Spotify and I don’t want to have to switch to other services because you refuse to address this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Advertisement

Local Performer

1. The ad was about Planned Parenthood.

2. On my iPhone.

3. An audio ad

4. Today’s Hits Radio

5. 11:30 am

I am a very pro-life person and I do not want to hear this ad again. Planned Parenthood is not what a 14 year old girl needs to hear either. It should not be near any child’s ears. If anything put positive and pro-life ads please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Opting out of explicit ads

Local Performer

The only workaround I have found for this is to make myself a female born in 1941.  This causes some incontinence ads and ads for California Closets, but nothing in the realm of Adam & Eve or Erectile Dysfunction ads playing on stations I have set up for my kids. 

It is ridiculous that Pandora refuses to correct this issue and that they want you to send this to their team to create a feature (see Adam's reply above).  This feed should be sent directly to their team to handle it, without further customer intervention.    

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Explicit ad on children's station

Local Performer

Is there any way to control the content of the ads that run. My kids listen as they go to bed, and why Disney Children's Radio needs to have an ad with a scary voiced man talking about Coronavirus and how the president is killing people [interpretation from my 9 yr old] is beyond me. 

Is there a way to set my account to family friendly, our ads went from Charmin singing about cleaning their buttons, and Red,Red Wine for stain removal to death, morbid politico agenda.  I don't need my kids to have nightmares that we're all gonna die because some agency is pushing a candidate.  

I get an occasional cuss word on my account that has a filter setting, but hearing about this virus every 15 mins is not good for already worried kids.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Political ads, and children

Hi there, @jmaxwell522. 👋

I'm sorry to hear this happened, and I completely understand where you're coming from. 📬

Explicit Filter:

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language. To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

++

Advertising Feedback:

In the meantime, it sounds like you already have the explicit filter enabled for your Pandora account. 

Someone from our User Support team has reached out to you via to email to gather more information to share with our advertising team. The ad would need to be reported from our end.

If you don't see the email soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there accidentally. 📬

Thanks so much for reporting this, and for your patience during this process! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I would like to report an inappropriate ad on a children's station:

What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name? Skrewball whiskey

How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)? Smart TV (Roku)

Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio? Audio ad with an image

Which of your station(s) did you hear/see it on? Laurie Berkner

What time of day did this advertisement play? Twice in the past ~30 minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Kgottwald Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated your feedback to our Ads team so they can further investigate. 🔎

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

Underground

I'm getting an ad for a song by Drake with a sample containing the n-word multiple times. I'm on desktop, Google Chrome. I don't remember much else about the ad.

I'd rather not hear any swears. I turned off explicit content (why does it default to on, anyways?), and it still showed up. The station is called "Active", if that helps.

(I assume this is the right place to report this.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey, @Jjman739. 👋

Sorry to hear that happened during your listening session. Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention.

Could you please provide more details about the ad you're seeing? 

Feel free to check out @AdamPandora's message about the requested info to report this here.

Let me know, and I can definitely report this for you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground
@AlyssaPandora It was an ad for a song by Drake, and it had a sample of the song starting with the n-word. I don't remember it beyond that. I am accessing Pandora on my computer with Google Chrome. It was an audio ad that had pictures to go with it like the audio ads usually do. I heard it on my "Active" station. I heard it shortly before I sent that message, which I think was in the morning. I had heard it once or twice before that. (I'm sure you get this a lot, but wouldn't it be easier to just have a "report ad" button?)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks so much for providing this helpful information, and for your feedback, @Jjman739. I'm very sorry if this caused a negative listening experience.

Rest assured, I've reported this over to our advertising team to investigate.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if anything else pops up. 

0 Kudos