cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Inappropriate ads

Local Performer

Is there a way to stop inappropriate ads from playing? I listen to Pandora all day with my 7-year-old children, and on various stations (none that use explicit language), Adam & Eve sex toys have been advertised. It’s impossible to turn down the volume quickly enough every time these ads are played. I do not want a subscription and am happy to listen to ads, but this is completely inappropriate for my children. 

Please advise on how I can fix this or maybe you can create a way for users to choose the ad experience they would prefer. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Inappropriate ads

Hi, @JFR. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback on the Pandora Community.  I completely understand where you're coming from.

I would recommend upvoting this existing feature request if you'd like to see this option implemented: Choosing the Types of Ads 

In the meantime, someone from our User Support team has reached out to you via email. If you don't see the message soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: commercials

Local Performer

"I find it hard to believe you dont have a cache of many different potential ads to show."

I'd like to think that too, but if that were the case, just the law of averages alone would prevent me from hearing Adam & Eve ads nearly every single ad break.  Is no one else advertising on Pandora?  Perhaps your sales team isn't doing their job well...  Streaming music is common place now and not going away, surely countless businesses would love to get in on it....but nah, let's stick with ED and sex toys 🙄

Does it matter?  I've heard it on comedy stations, rock stations, folk music, etc, etc.  It's everywhere and you offer NO way to tell Pandora that we don't find this appropriate.  You're not giving us a way to tell you, so you continue doing what you're doing thinking everyone's cool with it.  Clearly we're not cool with it, someone needs to step up and make a change.  It's not like you're spending a bunch of time updating stations, I hear the same 100 songs on every single station.  At least fix some major failures that we're all asking for.