Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Choose Types of Ads / Rate Ads

Local Performer

Omg it is so offensive that it sensored the comment 

0 Kudos

Re: Choose Types of Ads / Rate Ads

@Amyburger86 I do see that you currently have your Explicit filter enabled - as long as that filter is enabled, ads such as the one you mentioned shouldn't play on your stations.

To clarify, did you turn the Explicit filter on prior to hearing that ad, or did you turn it on immediately after that explicit ad played?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Inappropriate Ads

Local Performer

My kids were listening to their favorite Irish music station and there was an ad for contraceptives! This is completely inappropriate!

How can I turn these off?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Re: Inappropriate Ads

@jaunebug I'm happy to look into this.

Please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  2. Do you remember anything else specifically mentioned in the ad you heard?
  3. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
  4. Was it a visual ad, an audio ad, or a video ad with audio?
  5. What is the name of the station this ad played on?
  6. What day, and what time of day did this advertisement play?

If you're able to get a screenshot of what's happening, please send that along as well.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Explicit Content in Pandora Ad

Local Performer

I am a teacher and play a variety of stations for my students with explicit content turned off. We were listening to Hannah Montana radio and a Pandora Ad for the Hip Hop station came on with VERY inappropriate words used in the song in the background of the ad. Why is this ad running on this station, especially with explicit content turned off? Why would pandora choose to run an ad with explicit content about their own service?

0 Kudos

Re: Explicit Content in Pandora Ad

@lschwinn I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

I'm happy to look into this - please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. What was the ad for? Was there a specific name for the hip hop station you mentioned?
  3. How are you accessing Pandora? Are you on a computer, phone, tablet or in-home device (TV, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.)?
  5. What is the name of the station this ad played on? Hannah Montana Radio

If you're able to get a screenshot of what's happening, please send that along as well.

0 Kudos

Sex commercial on Lullabies station.

Local Performer

I created an account for just lullabies at night for my kids. Why am I hearing commercials about sex, condoms and lubricant? This is extremely inappropriate. 

Re: Sex commercial on Lullabies station.

Local Performer

Yes!! I don't believe in ANY censorship, period, but users should be able to select specific reasonable categories to block. I personally, would block Progressive Jazz, Hip Hop, Children's music, and specific artists/groups that are terrible or extremely annoying! I would also love to block a category called 'Leftist and Anti-American'. Profanity and/or female nudity doesn't bother me at all! In fact... well, I won't go there...

LMFAO!

0 Kudos

Re: Sex commercial on Lullabies station.

@Hughes421 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ad Feedback - Explicit Ads

I'm happy to look into this - please include as much of the below information as possible:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?

0 Kudos

Commercials

Local Performer

I was writing to report harassing fake news type commercials at 255pm 11/16

0 Kudos

Re: Commercials

Local Performer

I have been listening to Pandora for almost 11 years now. I came here to find out how to keep an offensive or inappropriate ad from playing on particular stations. No real solution was offered. Either go preimium, or deal with it. Yes, I know you can block explicit material in general, but I just want to keep certain ads from playing on stations where the context would make it very inappropriate. The official stance offered in the forum basically called having such an option censorship. I don't agree. The whole business model of Pandora is the ability to tailor your listening experience. This problem doesn't exist on actual radio, because ads are tailored to the audiance. I know advertisers pay for air time, but it wouldn't be impossible to modify your advertising package. Wasn't there once a button for this? Bottem line: I don't want an ad for a song coming on that has some girl rapping about getting head in a hummer, when I'm listening to Christmas music with my kids! If my options are cutting down my music selection, not listening, or putting down money in order to be honored as a customer, then I am done.
Huge increase in ads, and now this issue? Killing an innovative product by selling out. Classic move of businusses the stop listening to their customers, and eventually tank. Don't bother with automated responce either please. I have seen that so many times in the forum already.

0 Kudos

Re: Commercials

@Ciao Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I'm happy to look into this - the next time an explicit ad plays on one of your Christmas stations, please reply to this message with the following:

1. What was the ad for? Do you remember the brand, product, event or website name?
  6. What day did this advertisement play?

If you're able to get a screenshot of the ad, please send that along as well.

0 Kudos