cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ad Feedback - Political Ads

Local Performer

After being a long time Pandora listener, I have stopped listening because of the political ad that runs over and over again. I will resume listening after (I guess) the next presidential election.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Don't like political ads

Hi there, @LuvBTO!

Perhaps the best place to start is to tell you that, like virtually all media outlets, the advertising content on Pandora does not represent an endorsement of any kind on our part. We realize the prominent placement of many of our ads may give the impression that Pandora somehow endorses the product, issue, candidate, etc. but we do not.

We recognize that certain material is sensitive ground, so we do our best to preserve the listening experience. All of our ads are thoughtfully vetted by folks across various teams at Pandora, to ensure they are free from speech or content that is hateful, illegal, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate or unfair. While we respect the perspective of each individual, and while there are occasional judgment calls still required, we feel strongly that our advertising platform should not be in the business of censoring.

You might also consider upgrading to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium. These are our advertising-free subscriptions, which also offer a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

For instance, Pandora Plus includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

Thanks for listening to Pandora, and thanks again for taking the time to write us - it means a lot that you care enough to speak up. :pandora:

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

122 Replies
Highlighted

Hi there, @LuvBTO!

Perhaps the best place to start is to tell you that, like virtually all media outlets, the advertising content on Pandora does not represent an endorsement of any kind on our part. We realize the prominent placement of many of our ads may give the impression that Pandora somehow endorses the product, issue, candidate, etc. but we do not.

We recognize that certain material is sensitive ground, so we do our best to preserve the listening experience. All of our ads are thoughtfully vetted by folks across various teams at Pandora, to ensure they are free from speech or content that is hateful, illegal, false, misleading, fraudulent, inaccurate or unfair. While we respect the perspective of each individual, and while there are occasional judgment calls still required, we feel strongly that our advertising platform should not be in the business of censoring.

You might also consider upgrading to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium. These are our advertising-free subscriptions, which also offer a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

For instance, Pandora Plus includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

Thanks for listening to Pandora, and thanks again for taking the time to write us - it means a lot that you care enough to speak up. :pandora:

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Local Performer
I appreciate the fact that income is needed to pay royalties, etc.. I appreciate the fact that you probably can't discriminate when accepting advertising as long as it isn't blatantly racist, offensive, etc.. However I don't have to listen to ads from Pete B. or any other candidate if I don't want to. I am now listening to music using Jango. I will return to Pandora from time to time to see if there are political ads playing. If I want to spend the money and get the premium Pandora will I lose the ads? Thanks! @LuvBTO
Highlighted

Yes, it will remove the advertisements @LuvBTO.

You can find out more information about how our subscriptions work here.

Highlighted

Underground

Thanks for the tip. Will check out this Jango. Tired of bs political ad.

Highlighted

Local Performer

The current ad for Trump is inaccurate and misleading! Stop running it. It's in such bad taste. It's propganda BS and shame on you.

Highlighted

Local Performer

I don't mind the ads either, but the political ads just interrupt the joy of the music I'm listening to with divisive and questionable content. I'm listening to my music to chill and escape this season of political advertisements and narratives, regardless of whatever candidate they're coming from! I'll listen elsewhere from now on.

Highlighted

Local Performer

This is spot on. The political ads ruin the music. Commercial ads are fine, but skip the politics. If you’re worried about ad revenue, your rates will decline as listenership declines because of the misleading political ads. You have to decide which route you want to go but I expect you need the commercial ads year after year while the political ads will eventually stop but not before you drop listenership permanently. 

Highlighted

Re: Don't Like Specific Ads

Local Performer

I just deleted my app and will not ever go back to Pandora after my music was interrupted by political propaganda BS. Bye bye Pandora. 

Highlighted

Re: Don't Like Specific Ads

Local Performer
Same. Can't believe Pandora would do this. Unbelievable, and a total turn-off!. Spotify here I come
Highlighted

Way too many NRA ads

Local Performer

Pulling the plug on Pandora uintil at least after the election. The constant NRA ads are dishearterning. 

Highlighted

Biased advertising

Local Performer

I have been listening to Pandora for over 10 years and up until recently have had a paid membership but after hearing the bs commercial advertisement that you allow trashing our President I will never ever pay for another membership! I’m so sick of this one sided bias towards conservatives who voted for him. You will lose a lot of customers over that disgusting ad with that loser who is running against him! I’ll make sure I spread the word on Twitter and Facebook! Oh and by the way Trump2020!!!