cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Political Ads

LuvBTO
Local Performer

After being a long time Pandora listener, I have stopped listening because of the political ad that runs over and over again. I will resume listening after (I guess) the next presidential election.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
223 Replies

Mentor
Local Performer

A BLM add came across while we were hosting a dinner party.  The add was offensive to our guests.  When I play music I am NOT looking for political adds!!  I expect them from news channels but not from Pandora.  And I absolutely will not reward this by paying a subscription fee to stop them.  Until now Pandora has been my favorite music service, but I am done with the service now.  The cancel culture can work both ways.  Pandora you are CANCELLED.  

0 Kudos

wshaw123
Local Performer

Same here. Far left propaganda has me deleting the app.

0 Kudos

theCryptKicker
Local Performer

I also understand the need for Pandora to have a two prong revenue model: either advertisements or subscriptions; however, unless you enable an ad selection/decline ability like other online services that enables listeners to block content like politics, you risk losing people on both sides of the ever-widening political aisle. To be clear, I don't want to hear ads from my party or the other. Or third parties for that matter.

Most of my Pandora experience has been with a paid subscription; however, at the moment, it doesn't rank as a survival expense so I'm on the ad-paid experience. And it is not good. After hearing the same toxic political ad five or more times within an hour of my relaxing music, I was so upset, I very nearly deleted my Pandora account and all my years-in-the-grooming Pandora stations I love.

Please do more than offer the paid experiences as a solution to this. The country is already stressful and divided enough; I won't come to an online radio station for even more. Extreme shame on the Pandora c-suite leadership for not intuiting through this years ago.

0 Kudos

Portema
Local Performer

I just had an ad for Tucker Carlson and I don’t want that liar on my feed 

0 Kudos