cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Biased advertising

Local Performer

I came here to say this as well; the political ads are distasteful.

I can handle the blue chew ads and other garbage ads that play on a regular basis, but the political ads?

I voted for Trump in 2016, and I'll vote for him again no doubt about it. But even if it were a Trump ad, I still wouldn't approve. But no, I get to hear Biden's voice talking about how we can't let Trump win the presidency again. But that's not the worst part.

The worst part is WHY Pandora assumes I'm a Biden supporter. Is it because I'm using a free subscription (so obviously I must be broke, right?)

Or is it because I like Prince, Earth Wind & Fire, Al Green, Sade, and so on? That's a mighty racist assumption; to assume that just because I listen to black musicians I must be a Democrat. False!

C'mon Pandora, stop disrespecting your customers like this. 

Highlighted

Re: Biased advertising

Local Performer

Agreed

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ad Feedback - Political Ads

Local Performer

Someone suggested you to pay for the ad free Pandora....

You then would be supporting the political party which Pandora is playing the advertisements for. So why can Pandora just be unbiased and support all sides. Not just one side. I have only heard one political side being advertised and I do believe its the wrong side...

Highlighted

Local Performer

I have to agree luvbto. I have listened to pandora for a long time, but lately the joe biden ads and blm ads are getting rediculous. And thats not to say I'm of any particular party, but it's the two dominant commericals I hear. I dont hear ad's from any other poliitcal candidates. Honestly, I dont care how much pandora denies it, but it's apparent they are bias. Cnn denies it too by the way....Just saying. Moving back to iheart radio. Bye.

Clay tidwell

Moderator Edit: Format

Clay Tidwell
Highlighted

Local Performer

Agreed. I don't want my music politic'd any more than I want my sports politic'd.

Highlighted

Re: Don't like political ads

Local Performer

I hear you!  I've been thinking the same thing.  Nobody wants to hear political ads especially these ones.  I like many of us, actually watch the press conferences and not just get my news from blatant lying talking heads and social media.  I know what was said at the press conference.  Pandora really **ahem** right now.  I too was upgrading to a purchase subscription but no way that's going to happen now.

Highlighted

Two ads every three songs!!!! CRAZY annoying!!!

Local Performer

I subscribe to Pandora's free service.  I don't mind the occasional ad (one every 30 minutes or so), but lately, it's gotten effing insane!  Two ads every three songs!  Really, Pandora??? I mean, this is a really passive/aggressive tactic/attempt to force me to upgrade to a paid subscription!  If you want people to pay for your service, then don't offer a free service!  And if you're going to offer a free service, at least be reasonable with the frequency of ads, PLEASE!!!!  If I hear "Black Lives Matter" and "see that banner? you might want to tap it to get a free trial . . . " one more time I'm going to effing kill myself!!!  Don't get me wrong . . . I'm all for the black lives matter movement, but these are the ONLY two ads I've heard for the past month or more and I'm hearing them every effing 7 minutes!!!  It's absolutely ridiculous!!!  If I cannot figure out a way to fix this, I will be canceling and going to another service.

Highlighted

Re: Two ads every three songs!!!! CRAZY annoying!!!

Local Performer

I agree 100% I have had on and off premium plus subscription not to avoid ads just because I was using the service heavily so I decided to get it and so on. Forcing someone to buy something is just insane. If you like the product you buy it and you keep it until it's serves it's purpose. Your cancellation process is a huge discussion for another time. Trust me I have cancel more then twice and every time it's harder then the previous.

Back to topic if you are going to have free service slow it down or you will loose not just you customers who use the free service but the the people who pay and are also tired. 

As far as BLM I just have to say I do agree with your previous response about freedom of speech and that you make sure every ads is fair but I have yet to see a Republican ad. I'm not claiming what party I prefer at the moment or I'm not going to include my race but I will say I'm not white that way this message doesn't get miss read. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I too am wondering why the Black Lives Matter cause plays over and over but other causes are not?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Remove the Partisan Advertising

Local Performer

Not everyone feels like we have a COVID problem. Not everyone feels like we have systematic or systemic racism. Not everyone feels like BLM is a positive movement. Not everyone feels like the President is a bad dude. We need small businesses to thrive whether they are owned by minorities or not. Get rid of all the ads that take one side or the other. I'm done listening to Pandora until the ads are neutral.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

It's now 2020 and I'm not listening to Pandora so I can be bombarded by political ads. Utilizing other platforms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Agree 100% with everyone else here, going back to my iTunes. Can’t take Biden ad after Biden ad.  Pandora might claim to be neutral and claim needing revenue, but democratic ad after democratic ad sure feels like I’m being fed the same main stream media propaganda as everywhere else.