cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Political Ads

jennyfuur8
Local Performer

Completely agree that Pandora should not be giving Mike Lindell a platform. Very disappointed in Pandora After using this service for over 10 years I'm thinking about stopping my support. 

Labels (1)
45 Replies

lyricalbw
Local Performer

I find it very funny that pandora continues to lose listeners and this is the stance they take.  I was looking to move my family plan from Spotify so was listening to pandora for free first having been a previous subscriber.  I heard the Mike Lindell ad and will take my business elsewhere.  If pandora actually vetted ads they could request a mypillow ad with Lindell. 

Drfeelgood
Local Performer

I agree! Pandora is illustrating very poor judgement.

Bob28
Local Performer

I just got Pandora and the Pillow Idiot came on with an ad. I'm done with Pandora as of now.

Your answer to the complaint about the Big Lie pusher Mike Lindell, is 100% bull**ahem**.

He's a Trump supporter and Trump tried and failed to overthrow my government.

You are part of the problem Pandora.

Katietoy
Local Performer

Agreed if you want to take dollars from a person who has tried to destroy our country ... BYE wont hear another ad on your platform.  I heard it for the first time today and now see that it has been happening for a while, now I am done! Hope this platform goes in the trash bin of history.

Drfeelgood
Local Performer

Why does Pandora allow "My Pillow" ads?

Shellmats
Underground

Not good enough. Shame on you!

Shellmats
Underground

Me too. Using YouTube to play my music now. No mike Lindell creeps!

Shellmats
Underground

Yes, exactly!

Shellmats
Underground

Which Neil?

0 Kudos

Mr_E
Local Performer

Why can’t we just turn on pandora and just listen to music instead of companies trying to divide us by race. I enjoy all music and what I don’t like to don’t listen to. It’s a simple process. I will end my subscription if I continue to get racists adds from companies that try to divide us. 

0 Kudos

Mcooper7016
Local Performer

I am appalled that Pandora has started running ads for My Pillow. Lindell is the worst kind of conspiracy theorist and should not be endorsed in any way. I'm seriously considering not using this service in the future. 

fmschiav
Local Performer

I've stopped using Pandora and will not start again until those My Pillow ads disappear. Mike Lindell is a traitor to our democracy, and, by allowing his **ahem** on this platform, pandora is, by association, guilty as well.

Mlpoland
Local Performer

FYI 

I  am deleting Pandora..  Thanks for years of listening..  But if I hear that "Black Lives Mattter" ad one more time, I might puke..  instead I have gotten a subscription to Spotify. 

J3ffd
Local Performer

Black lives matter

I'm just wondering why Pandora has to spread hatred and racism when it's supposed to be a relaxing music based program!? ALL lives matter!!! And if you need to put a color or description in front of LIVES MATTER, them YOU are part of the problem!!! End government induced racism!!! We ALL belong to God!!! Psalms 24:1 “(A Psalm of David.) The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.”

Cmurda
Local Performer

What is with this Black Lives Matter commercial every single time ??? Has pandora gone woke? If so I will have to delete I can’t even stand this nonsense 

Pak0708
Local Performer

political ads should not be allowed on Pandora. If I have to continue to listen to that **ahem** - I will move on from Pandora.

Leegarth520
Local Performer

I get that the free listening platform requires ads. And now that voting time has rolled around again, I understand the airing of political ads. But Pandora, when I'm listening for more than a couple of hours and the ONLY political ads I hear are the political ramblings from the NRSC (ridiculing Senator Mark Kelly) , it makes me think you have a very definite conservative preference. It wouldn't be so bad, except the ad reminds me of juvenile high school verbal bullying. I'm open to different view points, but when you allow this kind of advertising, it saddens me to think you stand behind this kind of messaging. Do better. 

Alee1
Local Performer

I agree. Stop taking  Mike Lindell's money. He is destroying our democracy. I wontw pay any money to Pandora until they drop my pillow. 

Bailliard
Local Performer

In GA, there is a current election going on. Pandora is consistently playing the same ad over and over again. It is an ad about Herschel Walker and how he has repeatedly threatened his wife and put a gun to her head. I'm not making any political statements and or care to go fact check this negative ad but hearing this violent and disturbing ad over and over again is making me consider changing streaming methods

I understand the needs for ads (clearly the campaign paid a lot for the coverage) but maybe I can dislike an ad so I don't have to hear about someone holding a gun to someone's head over and over again?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Bailliard While there isn't currently a way to rate ads, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ if you'd like to see the option added to the service: Choose Types of Ads / Rate Ads

In the meantime, I have a couple of suggestions which you might find helpful. First, you might want to restrict Pandora from playing songs with explicit content. When you do that, you not only remove songs with explicit lyrical content, you also remove some ads that are not intended for people who have demonstrated an aversion to explicit content. As a result, this option may remove some advertisements that might offend you.

To disable explicit content from our website on a computer, click the icon (initial or picture) on the top right corner of the page, select Settings, and then Content Settings.

There, you should see an Explicit Content toggle, which indicates whether you would like to allow explicit content or not. Set this to Off.

You might also consider upgrading to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium. These are our advertising-free subscriptions, which also offer a number of other benefits you might find attractive.

For instance, Pandora Plus includes unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated, on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos