cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Language Preferences

Local Performer

I am having the same issue, some of the adds are in English some are in Spanish, I do not Speak Spanish. I do have a play list that also has non English bands / groups / singers, but none of these are Spanish speaking.   

Highlighted

Re: Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

Local Performer

I have been trying forever to get this corrected.  Never even received a reply from support.  

Highlighted

Local Performer

Yeah, Just because I live in the Bay Area does not mean I want to hear Spanish commercials.  Debating cancelling my account.

Re: Commercials

Local Performer

I'm not Spanish and the ads are in Spanish and not English and I would like it to be back in English, how do I reset my account back to English from Spanish, or can you do it from your end?

Highlighted

Local Performer

I also do not want my ads to be in Spanish. I live no where that it even makes sense for Spanish to be the standard to be honest. And I should have a say in what I hear. Lease fix ASAP or I will cancel.

Highlighted

Local Performer

No habla espanol speak freaking English I want my ads just like my music to be in English I don't speak Spanish.

Highlighted

spanish speaking ads

Local Performer

My account keeps playing spanish ads and I do not speak spanish. Can you please fix this?

Highlighted

Local Performer

This is ridiculous. Fix this now. My demographics mean I'm in America. I speak English. Spanish ads are to be played if my demographics suggested I am in a Spanish country. 

Highlighted

Spanish Ads

Local Performer

I know this has been answered by Pandora. Saying they use information that we enter to find the best ads and the language it should be in. Well that is not working and it seems there is no fix at this time. However other users have suggested that there me a way to select the language that is used in Pandora. Now this sounds like a great idea. SO why Pandora have you not found a way to integrate that in to the system. This would give free users a better listening experience. But i guess keeping the free users happy is far down on the list of things to do. Soon i will be looking for a new streaming music app. I hope that a change comes soon but alas i know it wont. Just my two cents for the day.

Highlighted

Underground

I'd like to add my dislike of receiving ads in Spanish, as I do not speak the language. I don't mind getting advertising in general, since I use the free service, but please keep them to something I can understand. A McDonald's ad in Spanish is annoying and doesn't encourage me to go eat there. I'm clearly not the only one annoyed by this, and clearly Pandora still hasn't done anything about it. 

Highlighted

Local Performer

I totally agree!

Why in the world would I want to listen to advertisements in a language I don't even understand? Have had intentions of learning Spanish, but I just haven't. This has to be a problem for thousands of people across the U.S.

Can we please fix it?

Highlighted

Spanish Ads

Local Performer

How do I get rid of Spanish advertisements? I live in an area with an extremely small Spanish speaking population, that is not racist that is a fact. So, my question to Pandora is, why are you allowing Spanish ads in my area? Better yet, why Spanish ads at all. I am guess that well over 95% of you listeners speak or understand English. Stick with that. Not to mention if you are going to run Spanish ads why stop there? You are singling out one group of people. Stop. It is getting old.

"In fact, English is recognized as an official language in a total of 67 different countries, as well as 27 non-sovereign entities. Moreover, it is a major business language, as well as the official language of a number of the world’s most important institutions, including the United Nations, NATO and the European Union." 
This is a quote from a private company.