cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

Local Performer

Why are my ads in Spanish? That has to be the most frustrating thing to me.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Commercials

@John1966 Thanks for your feedback about the Spanish ads playing on your stations.

We do our best to deliver ads to our significant number of Spanish-speaking listeners based on the small amount of demographic info that we collect when you register a Pandora account. This is limited to gender, age, and postal code, as well as some of the stations you create on your account. Sometimes, however, our estimates are incorrect and Spanish ads are delivered to the wrong listeners. We're sorry if this has been creating a negative experience for you.

Our ad operations team is aware of your feedback and they are working hard to improve how our Spanish ads are delivered. Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and thanks for listening to Pandora.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

42 Replies
Highlighted

Commercials

Local Performer

Why do I keep getting Hispanic commercials when I speak English

Highlighted

@John1966 Thanks for your feedback about the Spanish ads playing on your stations.

We do our best to deliver ads to our significant number of Spanish-speaking listeners based on the small amount of demographic info that we collect when you register a Pandora account. This is limited to gender, age, and postal code, as well as some of the stations you create on your account. Sometimes, however, our estimates are incorrect and Spanish ads are delivered to the wrong listeners. We're sorry if this has been creating a negative experience for you.

Our ad operations team is aware of your feedback and they are working hard to improve how our Spanish ads are delivered. Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and thanks for listening to Pandora.

View solution in original post

Local Performer

Alright this response was dated back in 9/19 it is now 5/20 and Pandora hasn't found a solution to the request for language preference. I understand commercials are necessary in a free account, but just because I listen to stations in other languages other than English, I'd prefer my commercials in English. Not a coder, but it's one toggle for English please.

Highlighted

Local Performer

Ok, but that is not a solution.  It is an explanation.  I don't mind the Spanish ads, but I don't speak Spanish and I would think the advertisers are wasting money. Now if you placed ads that were a mixture of languages so I could learn Spanish that would be awesome.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Commercials in Spanish

Local Performer
Hello! Sometimes, my commercials will be in Spanish. I don't speak Spanish nor do I listen to any Spanish speaking stations. Does anyone know how to get the commercials to not be in Spanish? Thanks!
Highlighted

Re: Commercials in Spanish

@hmartin I moved your message to this post as I provided some information on this previously to another listener who had similar feedback. 

Hope we continue to see you around the community!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Don't Like Specific Ads

Local Performer

To Pandora:

I am not interested in hearing ads in Spanish. I'm about to delete my account and go to social media about it. Spanish speaking people choose to listen in Spanish ( I am guessing) I do not and it makes it not worth the trouble. I am a long time user and maybe one person not using your service means nothing but it can lead to many, many more. Just saying

I am not going to pay to not have ads, when I see that even paying does not not stop the ads. And the same ads over and over, c'mon...Iknow there is a whole bunch of ones you can rotate through. This is ridiculous

Highlighted

Language Preferences

Local Performer

I get all Spanish advertisements, but don't speak Spanish. Is there a way to change my language preferences to English? 

Highlighted

Re: Language Preferences

Hi @CSampson thanks for posting to community! 

We do our best to deliver ads to our significant number of Spanish-speaking listeners based on the small amount of demographic info that we collect when you register a Pandora account.

Sometimes, our estimates are incorrect and Spanish ads are delivered to the wrong listeners. We're sorry if this has been creating a negative experience for you.

Our ad operations team is aware of your feedback and they are working hard to improve how our Spanish ads are delivered.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Thanks for honing in the advertising.

Two things:

1. I don't see much space for specifying language in preferences / settings.

2. When I listen to international music, I get Spanish ads when listening to idioma portugues music. Similar, but different!

A solution would be to have a switch / field for preferred website / advertising language.

Highlighted

@EricSkat I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion as that is the best way to get your ideas heard.

It will also give others around the community a chance to upvote your idea and express their interest in getting it added as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos