cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update - 06/04/23:

Note: This message has been accepted as the Solution to flag the current status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Hi, everyone!

Thanks for writing in and offering your feedback about the Spanish ads playing on your stations.

We do our best to deliver ads to our significant number of Spanish-speaking listeners based on the small amount of demographic info that we collect when you register a Pandora account. This is limited to gender, age, and postal code, as well as some of the stations you create on your account. Sometimes, however, our estimates are incorrect and Spanish ads are delivered to the wrong listeners. We're sorry if this has been creating a negative experience for you.

If you are receiving Spanish ads on your account, we're happy to look into it for you.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thanks for working with us on this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
231 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RickNubbz Our ad operations team is aware of your feedback and they are working hard to improve how our Spanish ads are delivered.

The next time a Spanish ad plays on your account, please send over:

• a screenshot of the Spanish ad
  • the date and time that ad played on your account
  • the name of the station or podcast you were listening to when that Spanish ad played

Thank you for your patience in the meantime, and thanks for listening to Pandora. :pandora:

Adamrut89
Local Performer

Same issue here. Was wondering the same, i have never even listened to a single spanish station on my account so this makes no sense.

rlkremer
Local Performer

Same issue here.  Would recommend a toggle in profile so Language preference could be chosen.

ACKiffin
Local Performer

Same here. We listen to latin music but do not care for the spanish ads.

Secerator
Local Performer

Same here. I don’t speak Spanish and getting Spanish ads. 

NavyNate
Opening Act

Why is this listed as a “solution” when the short version of what you said is “deal with it until we decide it’s important enough to fix?”

JackyFox
Local Performer

This. This is why people use adblockers. I don't even understand what they're trying to sell me lol

Yuyu1219
Local Performer

Stop with the Spanish ads. 

stagethomas117
Local Performer

I give pandora Performance A f rating because it does not work no one is trying to fix it

Nolenski
Local Performer

I have a 'ski' at the end of my username. Why not send me ads in Polish?
Not that I would understand them, but I don't understand the Spanish ads either!
Please fix.

Scottohlhausen
Local Performer

I’m a bit confused as to why the commercials aren’t more directed towards the customer base. Listening to country music and hearing Spanish commercials seems as though I’m being told Pandora doesn’t want me to listen any longer. 

Alfirehawk
Underground

where is the opt-out of Spanish ads?  My default language is set to English.  Please fix ASAP, before I opt-out of Pandora.

Fiddle45
Local Performer

also same pls fix...the language pref switch is a excellent idea!  really bugs me to be hearing ads in a language i dont speak!

Quint1968
Underground

I came here looking for a way to complain about the same thing. Ever time a Spanish speaking ad comes on, I remove ear bud. Then hours later I remember I took it out. When I go back the same as is playing, I change the channel every time. 

should be a setting somewhere for people to turn it on or turn it off. 

morezami
Local Performer

Same here! Do not speak and understand Spanish but I get Spanish ad?!

adminww08
Local Performer

THIS is not a solution. THIS is an excuse. THIS is ripe with age, as its now over 90 days old!!

wiwa

Alfirehawk
Underground

READ ME!!!  I think I found a solution/work around to fix this issue.  I changed my zip code to a different city and state. No more Spanish ads!!  I drove all the way from Florida back to New York over 18 hours of listening without one Spanish advertisement. I did get a local grocery store ad for Kroger’s which was in that local area.  It’s been 3 days, so far so good, big shout out to Bluffton, SC!

Adamrut89
Local Performer

You're a genius!

Scottybm
Local Performer

"Big Picture". These ad's are falling on def ears. Someone is paying for these spots.