cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Spanish Ads

RickNubbz
Local Performer

This is very annoying. Apparently Pandora has more Spanish speaking listeners in my area than English. I get. Orr Spanish ads than English. 

that balcony about the ad operations team working on a solution. I have a solution - cut down the number of Spanish speaking ads. 

Labels (1)
231 Replies

Sbjaden2
Underground

Maybe it’s time I start listening to iHeartRadio instead

vinne96
Local Performer

am having the same issue with the ads. it is getting to the point i am looking at different platforms for music. 

Sbjaden2
Underground

Well I had a few days peace without the Spanish ads but, they are back. 

Pandora.  Please understand the concept of demographics and statistics.  You need to analyze what type of people are listening to what…aka market research.  You are literally wasting the money companies are paying you to advertise for them.   Sloppy and unethical business practices right there.  

Stop the insanity! No habla Espanol! 

SRF
Local Performer

Hi, I am having the same issue. All of a sudden all of my ads are in Spanish and I do speak Spanish. Any way to resolve this? Thanks 

0 Kudos

SRF
Local Performer

Hi, I am having the same issue as all of a sudden I started getting all my ads in Spanish and I don’t speak Spanish. Any way to resolve this? Thanks 

Drakov
Underground

I have the same issue on my pandora

0 Kudos

SteveRock
Local Performer

That's EXACTLY what I would have said....... THANK YOU..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos

WVanLohn
Local Performer

This exactly, I am thinking it is a ploy to get everyone annoyed enough to upgrade to the ADS free pandora. Super annoying, and messed up for pandora to do this. 

Drakov
Underground

That's a great idea. I love it!

0 Kudos

Hijinx65
Local Performer

My zip code reflects my actual zip and I still get spanish speaking ads in central Michigan. 

funygrlpeachy
Local Performer

I've had a Pandora account for years... just began receiving Spanish ads yesterday. I've lived in the same city for over 10yrs & I can also say that my city has not had a sudden influx of hispanic people so I'm calling baloney on Support's "explanation". No doubt it's what they're being told, it just doesn't add up. What seems to make more sense is that ads are being pushed to try to prompt users to purchase ad-free subscription. I've been a loyal Pandora listener since the platform began & I'd sooner switch music platforms...

Hijinx65
Local Performer

I shut my Pandora off yesterday and I'm not sure I'll ever use the service again.  

blooroze11
Local Performer

so the ads on my android are english (i think.. havent heard one in a while.. i rarely play pandora on my fone bc it eats up too much battery), but when i play pandora thru my google assistant, the ads are in spanish all of a sudden. why?? how do i change this? 🤔 

0 Kudos

JustinM
Local Performer

Seeing this while searching for a solution to the Spanish Ads… 9 months later and they won’t update? Pandora, do your advertisers know their ads aren’t being communicated to the correct audience?  This is beyond annoying… I’m heavily using Spotify and other streaming services because of this.

Db79
Local Performer

Same issue for me except that where I live, it like 99% English speaking. Seems Pandora’s algorithms are beyond horrible.

Drakov
Underground
I would agree with that 100%
Do you know how you can add variety to a certain Pandora station, well when you add variety to that Pandora station it doesn’t play those varieties that you put in there. So what’s the point of even having that add variety option if they don’t add variety to your station?

Travis Carlson
0 Kudos

Jt8
Local Performer

You won’t lose Spanish-speaking listeners running ads in English.

You will lose English-speaking listeners running ads in Spanish.

I guess you’re a Spanish-language platform now.

Buh-bye.

mscoralrose
Underground

#1- It's Spanish. #2- In America, most of us speak English. #3- Do you seriously think that Pandora isn't trying to fix the problem?! Like you said, what's the point of advertising to anyone in a language they don't understand? #4- A ploy to get you to subscribe to Premium? Doubtful, I mean, if I were trying to get people to buy stuff from me, I know I wouldn't first make them mad! #5- Yeah, cancel your free Pandora account. That'll show them!

PeterDB
Local Performer

I keep getting ads in Spanish, and while I have nothing against the language, it's not one I speak/understand, so the only thing more annoying than an ad is an ad that is 100% wasted on me since even if I was interested in the product advertised, I wouldn't even know what it is because it's not in a language I can speak, so it essentially becomes the equivalent of 30 seconds of dead silence, where I am not being advertised to or listening to music.

Why can't Pandora just enable a language option for the profile so I can choose which languages I speak so I don't get ads in languages I don't speak? At the end of the day, this is mutually beneficial - I am essentially telling you how to improve your ads so they have better reach on people like me.

robin-king
Opening Act

A language option would be exceptionally useful.

0 Kudos