cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added to a family plan but still hearing ads

Gringolin
Local Performer

I have not used Pandora for a few years but my sis had her husband set me up on their Family Premium plan since they had only used two slots.  

Is it normal that I still get ads?  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gringolin It doesn't look like your account is currently on anyone else's Family Plan at the moment.

I'm showing your account is still set up with the free service.

Please have the main account holder of the subscription (whoever purchased the Premium Family Plan subscription) contact our support team directly for assistance with getting you put on their plan.

Then can send them a message here.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gringolin It doesn't look like your account is currently on anyone else's Family Plan at the moment.

I'm showing your account is still set up with the free service.

Please have the main account holder of the subscription (whoever purchased the Premium Family Plan subscription) contact our support team directly for assistance with getting you put on their plan.

Then can send them a message here.

0 Kudos

Vstringer1962
Local Performer

I have Pandora premium for family. My wife does not get ads but I do. Why?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vstringer1962 It doesn't look like your invitation to join the plan was accepted yet.

I've gone ahead and manually added the account to your plan on my end.

If you continue to run into issues, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Hope this helps!

Philip2316
Local Performer

Me and my wife payed for the family plan from her phone an iphone and when i accept the ivite to my account nothing is working. Still getting adds. Wont give me the option to download music or go off line

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Philip2316 It doesn't look like you are logged into the account your wife added to the Premium Family plan.

You will need to sign out of your devices, and then sign back in using the email address associated with the account that was added to the plan.

If you are unsure what email address to use, your wife can verify by logging into her account, going to Settings > Subscription > Manage Family.

You can then sign into your device using the email address she sees there.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Shan
Local Performer

I just paid for the Premium Family plan for the year and when I went to help my mom log into her account, Pandora just keeps pulling up her Basic plan instead of upgrading her.  How do I get this fixed? It works fine on her pc but not in the app on her phone.

Shannon

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shan It sounds like she may be logged into the wrong account on her phone.

I recommend signing out of the app on that device, and then signing back in using the email address associated with the account you added to your plan.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Ulfheid
Local Performer

I added my dad to the family plan, he still can't skip songs without commercials. Help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ulfheid It sounds like he may be logged into the wrong account on his device.

I recommend having him sign out of the app on that device, and then signing back in using the email address associated with the account you added to your plan.

If you are unsure what email address for him to use, you can verify this by logging into your account, and going to Settings > Subscription > Manage Family.

He can then sign into his device using the email address you see there.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Fatster
Local Performer

I am not hearing ads, but, the other members of my family plan are? How do we fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fatster I do see you have added two other accounts to your Premium Family plan.

If those two people are still hearing ads on their devices, please have them sign out, and then sign back in using the two email addresses you sent the invitations to/added to your plan.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Fatster
Local Performer

@AdamPandora It did not work. They are still hearing ads

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fatster I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

0 Kudos

AgentAndrew0
Local Performer

A89C304F-B5A9-40AD-B91D-07BBF47367EC.jpeg

21928D7A-7B10-4362-9743-E283B0C7CD1A.jpeg

I’m part of a family group but the app won’t let me use premium features, but when I hit the upgrade button it takes me to a webpage that confirms I’m in a family group!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @AgentAndrew0. 👋

Thanks for your post around this, and sorry for any inconvenience.

I do see that your account is upgraded and that you're a member of a Premium Family plan. 

Are you still having trouble listening to on-demand content from your iOS device?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

richings
Local Performer

I added my daughter to my premium plan.
She created an account and accepted the invite, but it doesn't have premium status.

How do I fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@richings I do see you've added two different accounts to your Premium Family plan so far.

If your daughter still isn't receiving the benefits of the subscription, please have her sign out of Pandora on her devices, and then sign back in using the email address associated with the Pandora account you added to your plan for her.

Let me know if she continues to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

richings
Local Performer

This seemed to do the trick!
thanks.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @richings.

Enjoy the music!

0 Kudos