Jlhamble99
Local Performer

How do I add my wife's phone to our family plan

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Jlhamble99 Thanks for joining community! I moved your post to the subscription section to keep our community tidy. 

To invite someone to your family plan:

1. Make sure you're logged in with your master account (the one you used to upgrade to Premium Family);
  2. Visit the Subscription section of the account.
  3. Select Manage Family to view the main family plan management page;
  4. Send a family plan invite to an email address your family member can access, even if it's different from the email address on their Pandora account. (They'll be able to enter the login information for their Pandora account later, even if its under a different email.)
  5. Have them open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add their Pandora account to your family plan or create a new Pandora account if they don't have one.

Keep in mind, upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

For more more information about Premium Family Plan, please click here

I hope this helps. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

66 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jlhamble99 Thanks for joining community! I moved your post to the subscription section to keep our community tidy. 

To invite someone to your family plan:

1. Make sure you're logged in with your master account (the one you used to upgrade to Premium Family);
  2. Visit the Subscription section of the account.
  3. Select Manage Family to view the main family plan management page;
  4. Send a family plan invite to an email address your family member can access, even if it's different from the email address on their Pandora account. (They'll be able to enter the login information for their Pandora account later, even if its under a different email.)
  5. Have them open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add their Pandora account to your family plan or create a new Pandora account if they don't have one.

Keep in mind, upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

For more more information about Premium Family Plan, please click here

I hope this helps. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

dberger8
Local Performer

Hello, I recently upgraded to the family plan. I would like for my wife to have her own collection and playlists seperate from mine on her own device. Is this possible? If not, I may go back to Premium. Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dberger8 I moved your post to this thread as @TannerPandora provided some helpful tips on how to invite someone else to your family plan subscription in his above comment.

In order for each of you to have your own collection, you will need to be signed into your separate Pandora accounts registered under your individual email addresses on your devices. 

If you haven't yet already, you can create a new account for your wife using her personal email address, and then invite that new account you set up to join your family plan subscription with the steps Shaya provided. 

If you run into any issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for assistance here

Thanks for being a part of the community!

0 Kudos

Claudette
Local Performer

How do I add an account on the family plan?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Claudette I moved your post to this thread as @TannerPandora provided some helpful tips on how you can add members to your family plan subscription. 

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos

bt1
Local Performer

My kids want to have their own pandora stations so we upgraded to the Family Plan Subscription - I sent the emails to their accounts to add them.

Do they need to create a new pandora account first in order to sign up?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @bt1! Welcome to Pandora Community.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Adding member to Family Plan

No need to to create a new Pandora account if one already exists. You'll only need to create an account if your kids don't have their own individual accounts. If this is the case, then individual free accounts will need to be created a first. 

If you've already sent the invitation and they haven't received it, make sure that:

1. You've sent the invite to an email address your family member can access (not necessarily the email address on their Pandora account);
  2. They check their spam/trash folder, as the invite may have ended up there.

Once they've received your invite email, they'll simply select Accept Invite, and log into their existing Pandora account. 

If they haven't received the invitation or don't see the in their spam or trash folder let me know. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jrobmas64
Local Performer

When I open the invite, all it has is the login screen and it only works with the master login. There are no other prompts.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jrobmas64 Sorry for any trouble.

I am going to have someone from our User Support team contact you privately via email to help with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Brain20
Local Performer

I have not seen ANY solution for this. I had four family members on my old premium account, each made their own playlists. Now I have upgraded to family plan so each member can enjoy all benefits of their very own account. So I sent the email invite. Family member made her own account. Now she has no access to her playlists which are all on my own Pandora account. I don’t listen to any of her music, we have different tastes. I want to get her playlists off my Pandora and let her have the playlists she spent months curating. I tried making my account public and sharing her playlists, but it doesn’t work, I want her playlists OFF my account and placed completely in her account so she no longer gets suggestions of my music she hates, and vice versa. How do I accomplish this? Then I have to do this for two more family members with wildly divergent music tastes. Please help so we can make the user experiences work!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brain20 It looks like only one person has accepted the family plan invitation you sent so far.

You mentioned you have a family of four - if you are still seeing other family member's playlists in your collection, then that means they are likely logged into your Pandora account on their devices.

They will need to sign out of Pandora on their devices, and then sign in using the email address associated with their personal Pandora accounts. They will then need to accept the invitation to the family plan that was emailed to them, in order to take advantage of the family plan subscription.

With this being said, I am also going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to help make sure this gets straightened out.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

BaylorBoy
Local Performer

If the individual already has a Pandora account and is added to a family plan, what happens to there saved playlists and downloaded music?  Are they lost or do they keep them and just have ad free access?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @BaylorBoy!

Their collection and playback history will be stored in our servers. If they are currently subscribed through Pandora or ad-supported they will transitioned into the Premium Family account while maintaining their individual account.

However, if they are currently upgraded to Premium or Plus through a third-party vendor like Google Play or Apple, they'll first need to cancel their paid subscription, wait until they hear ads again before being added to the family plan.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

russerica
Local Performer

Pandora family plan

How can I add my kids to the account?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@russerica I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

I do see were able to add a couple of accounts to your Family Plan shortly after posting this message.

Did you still need help getting some additional people added to your plan?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

dleber
Local Performer

I just went through all of this and you leave out important steps.   What you have to do is have the family member create their own account (use the email that was on the invite email) if you have a Pandora app on your phone delete it.  Now go to Pandora and create an account using (using the email that was on the invite email) and create your own password for that account. If you keep getting pushed back to the main account then you haven't created an account.  Now can download the new Pandora icon by visiting an app store on your phone. You'll have to create your own playlists and everything but you should be good to go. You should stop getting those pop ups too. Oh, make sure nothing else has Pandora playing on it while you are trying to listen to your new channel or else you'll get that pop up saying two people are listening. Before you start pulling out your hair. Pandora you need to make better directions for this, you know step by step with pictures especially if you offer no phone support. Troubleshooting would be nice as well.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dleber Thanks for sharing your experience.

It is true that you will need to create separate accounts for each family member if they are new to Pandora.

However, if they already have accounts created prior to you sending them an invitation, then they won't actually need to create a new account. They'll be able to add their existing account to your plan so long as you send the invite to the email address their existing account is registered with.

This all being said, I will make sure to pass your feedback along - this type of information is very helpful as we work to improve our service for all of our listeners.

As always, if you need any assistance, feel free tag myself or one of our other moderators ( @AlyssaPandora @TannerPandora ) and we'll be happy to help. 

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

Laurabrandle331
Local Performer

I paid for premium family plan but my husband is having to watch videos for skips why?? And how do I fix this

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Laurabrandle331 While I see you are currently upgraded to the Family Plan, and have sent invitations to a few different email addresses, it doesn't look like any of them have been accepted yet.

Your husband will first need to accept the invitation you emailed to him in order to activate Pandora Premium on his account.

Have him open the invite email, and follow the prompts to add their Pandora account to your Family Plan.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos