cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are separate memberships required for each device?

Bazbear2
Underground

Hello music colleagues/friends/neighbors.......I've been using Pandora 's free option, as I've used Slacker's paid, they changed to XLiveX...... but the sound of Pandora is better, and I'm trying to understand my options. It's clear that we have the 4.99 and then the higher, but I'm not seeing an answer to this: If I sign up for the Plus, 4.99. on my PC desk top, do I take a separate membership for my car. My Honda is able to receive Pandora. Will that 4.99 include the car, or is it separate ?............ TIA

Barry Nisman

Long Island, NY

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @Bazbear2.

If you upgrade your account and want to stream Pandora in your Honda, just make sure you are logged into your upgraded account on the phone or mobile device you use to connect to your car. This will help ensure you receive the benefits of your subscription when listening in your car.

This being said, if you run into any issues setting up Pandora in your car, feel free to create a new post in our Automotive space.

You can also reach out to our support team directly for assistance here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@Bazbear2 good evening, I have more than one device as long as I shut down one device I can use the other without any interference of having the message " Someone else is listening". So to answer your question as long as you pay for your Pandora streaming, you can do so as long as you shut down the others. If you still have questions about this then here are @Pandora's fabulous five that will be more than happy to assist you. @ErickPandora@AdamPandora@TannerPandora@ShannonPandora, and @AlyssaPandora. They will answer all of your questions. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

Bazbear2
Underground

Thanks so much, MOH...... are those twitter handles, or I should approach them within the community here ?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bazbear2 Those handles that @MOHLovesAlaska provided are our names here on the Pandora Community.

This being said, @MOHLovesAlaska is absolutely right - Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

A separate subscription isn't required for each device, unless you are looking for a way to stream Pandora across multiple devices simultaneously.

Hope this helps!

Bazbear2
Underground

@AdamPandora, thank you, I understand that. My situation would appear to be simpler than you suggest might be, as I'm the Pandora user, so if I'm in the car using it, there is no one else doing so; and, when I'm at home, it's just me. I would infer then that I simply go to update on my Pandora page, select the 4.99 (my preference) or the higher, and with that in place, on my PC I log in, OR, that same login would occur in the car and it would remember my music selection. May I ask, if it doesn't go smoothly, if my desk top use is upgraded, but I'm having trouble getting it in my Honda which as a Pandora button, the way for help is here, but the support area is more than community questions, is there someone to work it out if there is some technical difficulty ? Thanks

Barry

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, @Bazbear2.

If you upgrade your account and want to stream Pandora in your Honda, just make sure you are logged into your upgraded account on the phone or mobile device you use to connect to your car. This will help ensure you receive the benefits of your subscription when listening in your car.

This being said, if you run into any issues setting up Pandora in your car, feel free to create a new post in our Automotive space.

You can also reach out to our support team directly for assistance here.

Hope this helps!

Bazbear2
Underground

sensational assistance...much appreciated

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @Bazbear2. 😁