cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed by Google Play: Switch to direct-billed subscription

jmtechnico1
Local Performer

I originally subscribed on my android through google, had some issues recently accessing Pandora and got frustrated with google and put in an orde to cancel service. Now i would like to keep account active, maybe not thruogh google, but don't want to lose all content. Is there nay way to keep account content and pay through Pandora?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @jmtechnico1!

Since you've already cancelled your subscription through Google Play, you'll need to wait for your subscription to expire. Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account from Pandora directly from the web using your credit card or PayPal account.

After you start seeing ads, you can then upgrade your account through Pandora directly here.

Select your subscription, and input your payment method: Credit Card or PayPal.

If you do not have a PayPal account, but would like to pay with one, you can create one here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for posting to community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jmtechnico1!

Since you've already cancelled your subscription through Google Play, you'll need to wait for your subscription to expire. Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account from Pandora directly from the web using your credit card or PayPal account.

After you start seeing ads, you can then upgrade your account through Pandora directly here.

Select your subscription, and input your payment method: Credit Card or PayPal.

If you do not have a PayPal account, but would like to pay with one, you can create one here.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for posting to community! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cullerful
Local Performer
I haven't stopped billing through google play but want to go direct. How do I do it?
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cullerful Since your subscription is being processed through your Google Play account, you will need to cancel that subscription through Google Play and then wait for your subscription to expire. Once you start seeing ads again on your stations, you will then be able to upgrade your account from Pandora directly from the web using your credit card or PayPal account.

For steps on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play, please visit the link here

When you start getting ads, you can use the steps in my previous post on how to upgrade directly through Pandora. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Darylkw
Local Performer

I have canceled my subscription via Google Pay over there, and my subscription doesn't run out for a few days over here. So why is it set up I have to wait until I see ads again.  I would like to have uninterrupted service so that I can access it on my FITBIT watch, and want to provide new payment arrangements directly with Pandora.   I did not like have personal cc information on file with Google,  as there are many avenues that it could possibly go wrong.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Darylkw I am going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 

0 Kudos

Danigirl
Local Performer

My account was on google play. I switched from Android to Apple. I canceled my subscription because it wouldn’t let me update my payment method to a credit card. How do I resubscribe using my existing account so I don’t lose my preferences? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Danigirl You will first need to wait until your subscription through Google Play fully expires and you start hearing ads on your account again.

When your account reverts back to the free service, you can then resubscribe here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Razer4
Local Performer

Need help. Trying to change the way i ma billed each mnth currently its google play but I want to change this

mod edit: changed title for clarity

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Razer4. 👋

Thanks so much for post about this.

Looks like you already have an open email case with our team. Someone has reached out to you via email to assist with your billing options. If you don't see the email yet, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Pandora AMP is at SXSW '24 this week. Come say hi!
0 Kudos

badfishmartin
Local Performer

Not one solution posted... My subscription is not working. Also I set this up to Bill through my PayPal account not my Google account. You do not have consent to charge my Google account. Fix my subscription issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@badfishmartin I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Google Play: Switch to direct-billed subscription

The thread you originally posted on was specific to users who upgraded through Apple.

I'm showing your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Google Play.

When you sign up for one of our subscription tiers from your Android device (through the Pandora app), any billing will automatically associated with your Google Play account.

If you'd prefer to cancel this subscription, and instead sign up directly through our website using PayPal, you will first need to cancel your subscription through Google, wait for it to expire, and then resubscribe directly through our website instead.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Canceling your subscription through Google Play:

You can find instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play here.

Signing up for a subscription through PayPal:

When your subscription through Google Play expires after you cancel it with the steps linked above, and you start hearing ads on your account again, you can resubscribe directly through our website using PayPal here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

hallen3469
Local Performer

change my payment method.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@hallen3469 You can find instructions on how to update your billing information within Google Play here: Update billing info - Google Play

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

t_covenant
Local Performer

Hi,

I have been using google pay to pay for my subscription but i want to pay pandora directly with my credit card instead.  how can i do that without losing my collections?

Thanks,

Sean

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@t_covenant I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Google Play: Switch to direct-billed subscription

If you'd like to sign up directly through our website, you will first need to cancel your subscription through Google, wait for it to expire, and then resubscribe directly through our website instead.

You can find instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play here.

Upgrading directly through our website:

When you start hearing ads on your account again after canceling through Google, you can upgrade directly through our website here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Luckydawg64
Underground

Do I have to cancel though google to subscribe direct? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Luckydawg64 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Billed by Google Play: Switch to direct-billed subscription

Yes - if you'd like to sign up directly through our website, you will first need to cancel your subscription through Google, wait for it to expire, and then resubscribe directly through our website instead.

You can find instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Google Play here.

Upgrading directly through our website:

When you start hearing ads on your account again after canceling through Google, you can upgrade directly through our website here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos