cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged after free trial

mytechgeek
Local Performer

Pandora had me try Premium - then there was an option that it will remind me so i can opt out before it starts to charge me - No Reminder then got charged automatically today!!! Typical bait and switch!!! will try to dispute payment.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fat1487tony Our support team will be contacting you directly via email to help get this resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @mytechgeek !

Sorry for any confusion.

Looks like a member from our User Support team has already contacted you regarding your subscription.

In the meantime, here's more information about how our free 90-day trial subscriptions work.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

fat1487tony
Local Performer

the same thing just happened to me. i was just unexpectedely ccharged when i was told there would be the option to opt out. i am also in the military so it didnt even give me a chance to look at other plans. furious that i was just charged $10.91 without my knowledge. how do i call and contact pandora directly

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@fat1487tony Our support team will be contacting you directly via email to help get this resolved.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Amandabahena01
Local Performer

I didn't get any notification or notice and the money was just pulled out

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Amandabahena01 Someone from our User Support team will be sending you an email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message! 

0 Kudos

kaishabibbins
Local Performer

I would like a refund. I was just billed on the 15th and do not want it. Please he

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kaishabibbins - thanks for posting. I moved your message over to an existing thread: Charged after Premium Trial

I've contacted our User Support team, someone will reach out to you via email to follow up. 

Please be on the look out for their email. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Lilwhit215
Local Performer

I too am very frustrated after learning I have been charged for a Premium Subscription but I dont use Premium Pandora. I would like these payments  stopped.  This fraudulent on my bank account 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Lilwhit215 - thanks for posting to community! 

I moved your message from the thread Manage subscription: Apple (iTunes) to a more relevant thread Charged after Premium Trial since your account is upgraded through Pandora and not Apple.

I checked the email associated with your community profile and see that a 60-day trial of Pandora Premium was started on your account on 3/26/2020. Since the trial was never cancelled before the 60 days were up, it automatically renewed with an actual subscription. 

I've let our User Support team know to reach out to you about this and further assist. 

Please be on the look out for their email. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Sharonsweet9
Local Performer

What is this charge for?

Sharonsweet9_0-1603015747373.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sharonsweet9 I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized: Charged after Premium Trial

It looks like your account was signed up for a 90-day free trial to Pandora Premium on 07/14/20.

Since the trial was never canceled before the 90 days were up, it renewed with an actual monthly subscription on 10/12/20.

This would explain the charge that you are seeing on your account.

To avoid being charged again at your renewal date (or at the end of your free trial period), be sure to cancel your subscription at least 24 hours beforehand. 

Cancel your subscription from a computer:

1. Sign in to your account on our website.
  2. Go to the Subscriptions page. (You can also access this from the Settings menu.)
  3. Select Switch Plans.
  4. Click Cancel Subscription in the bottom corner of the screen.
  5. Enter your current password to confirm the cancellation of any future subscription payments.

Cancel your subscription from a mobile device: 

1. Go to the Pandora website.
  2. Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left.
  3. Then tap Subscription. (Log in to your account if prompted.)
  4. From your Subscription details page select Switch Plans and then Cancel Subscription.
  5. Enter your password to confirm. 

Once cancellation has been completed, your current subscription benefits will be active until your expiration date.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

brittneypagan11
Local Performer

same thing with me. i was not informed about the trial ending and they took $14.03 out of my card

I was charged $14.03 from my card without any notice. I did the free trial and got ZERO notifications saying the trial was going to end soon, but once i put a new card on my phone, here you guys go taking money. i needed that money to buy things for school.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brittneypagan11 I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

cancelmyaccount
Local Performer

3 months of free Pandora came with the earphones I bought. I thought it was just a perk of buying a earphones and didn't realize it was something I had to cancel. I tried it out, literally never used it, and forgot about it after that, so I got charged. Can I get a refund?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cancelmyaccount I do see you were able to get in touch with our support team for assistance with this already.

If you have any additional questions, you can reply directly to the emailed transcript of your chat conversation you had with them, and they will be happy to further assist.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Kpollard63301
Local Performer

I never got the reminder that it was getting close to the end of the trail and got charged. We can't afford the money that was taken. Can i get a refund? Please? 

Karla pollard

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kpollard63301 We do not issue full or partial monthly refunds as stated in our terms of service.

You can view the Subscription Terms you agreed to when you signed up for your subscription. 

This being said, I do see you were able to successfully cancel your subscription to prevent it from renewing again in February. No charges will be made moving forward as your account has now reverted back to the free service.

As always, if you ever have any subscription-related questions, you can contact our support team directly for assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

dmnt
Local Performer

Can I get a refund for my Pandora Plus Trial?

I just got charged and forgot I had it.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dmnt I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos