cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct billed - Switch to Best Buy subscription

Emlchand
Local Performer

I was on the monthly Premium subscription but Best Buy had a promotion for an annual subscription.  After getting confirmation through Best Buy, I cancelled my monthly subscription (which will still be active until January 9) and tried to activate my new subscription.  But I keep getting a "something went wrong" screen on the Pandora site.   Do I need to wait until January 9 when my previous subscription expires?  Or should I try to register a new account with an alternative email?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emlchand Nice to see you around the Community.

It looks like your account is currently upgraded directly through Pandora.

Existing Pandora Plus or Premium subscribers need to cancel their current subscription before becoming eligible to upgrade through Best Buy.

Once the current billing cycle has expired, you can purchase your upgrade through the Best Buy website or in store.

Hope this helps clarify.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Emlchand Nice to see you around the Community.

It looks like your account is currently upgraded directly through Pandora.

Existing Pandora Plus or Premium subscribers need to cancel their current subscription before becoming eligible to upgrade through Best Buy.

Once the current billing cycle has expired, you can purchase your upgrade through the Best Buy website or in store.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

Smooth-tracks
Local Performer

I have the same problem. I bought a yearly subscription from best buy on the 13th, my canceled monthly subscription ended on the 17th, but I still get an error message when I try to activate my new yearly subscription. Feels like I wasted money. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Smooth-tracks I had our support team take a look, and they mentioned you were able to activate your annual subscription through Best Buy today.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

jago94
Local Performer

I have the same exact issue.  Best buy support has given me the run-around and they don't have any idea.  Am I understanding this correct, if I have an active subscription (which I do) then the activation link they emailed me will not work properly?  It HAS to be an unsubscribed account?

...and the previous billing date has to have expired since when you cancel, you still have an account until the billing date lapses??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jago94 That is correct - you will first need to cancel your current subscription and wait for it to expire before you can sign up for a new subscription through Best Buy.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

eparente7
Local Performer

Every time I try to activate my Premium account through Best Buy I get this error "We're sorry, something has gone wrong." 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eparente7 It looks like your account is currently upgraded directly through Pandora.

You can find instructions on how to cancel your current subscription here.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

eparente7
Local Performer

I canceled my subscription yesterday. I wanted to upgrade to Premium from plus and my plus plan was paid for 12 months. Are you saying I have to wait for my 12 month subscription to end? I already purchased this upgrade through Best Buy and do not want to wait 5 months to upgrade. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@eparente7 I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos