cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charged by Apple

samstinson
Local Performer

I’ve been double charged for my subscription 12.99 for a year!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samstinson It sounds like you were double charged by Apple, as they are the only service who offers Pandora Premium at the $12.99 price point.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to respond to the problem from our end, as we don't have access to the Apple billing system.

However, you should be able to use your iPhone to resolve the issue. Just follow these steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
  2. Tap iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap on your Apple ID.
  4. Tap View Apple ID when the pop up window appears.
  5. Enter your Apple ID password or fingerprint ID when prompted.
  6. Tap Subscriptions.
  7. Select Pandora.
  8. There will be two checkboxes. Uncheck the one for the subscription you aren't using.

If you don't see two checkboxes, then you will need to reach out to Apple for help canceling.

You can get in touch with the Apple support team here.

Next, you'll want to request a refund through Apple for the extra charge. To do that, please follow these steps from a computer or mobile device:

1. Visit this link.
  2. Select Billing and Subscriptions and then Subscriptions & Purchases.
  3. Select Request a Refund twice.
  4. Sign into the Apple ID account that was billed. You may have to complete a two-factor authorization to continue.
  5. Once you're logged in, find Pandora on the list and select Report.
  6. Choose I'd like to request a refund from the list, and hit Select.

For additional help with your purchase, go to Subscriptions and Purchases Support.  

Even though it is Apple's policy not to issue refunds for subscriptions you've purchased through them, they will make an exception in certain cases. They should reply to your request within 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@samstinson It sounds like you were double charged by Apple, as they are the only service who offers Pandora Premium at the $12.99 price point.

Unfortunately, we aren't able to respond to the problem from our end, as we don't have access to the Apple billing system.

However, you should be able to use your iPhone to resolve the issue. Just follow these steps:

3. Tap on your Apple ID.
  6. Tap Subscriptions.
  7. Select Pandora.
  8. There will be two checkboxes. Uncheck the one for the subscription you aren't using.

If you don't see two checkboxes, then you will need to reach out to Apple for help canceling.

You can get in touch with the Apple support team here.

Next, you'll want to request a refund through Apple for the extra charge. To do that, please follow these steps from a computer or mobile device:

1. Visit this link.
  2. Select Billing and Subscriptions and then Subscriptions & Purchases.
  3. Select Request a Refund twice.
  4. Sign into the Apple ID account that was billed. You may have to complete a two-factor authorization to continue.
  5. Once you're logged in, find Pandora on the list and select Report.
  6. Choose I'd like to request a refund from the list, and hit Select.

For additional help with your purchase, go to Subscriptions and Purchases Support.  

Even though it is Apple's policy not to issue refunds for subscriptions you've purchased through them, they will make an exception in certain cases. They should reply to your request within 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Tlangelier
Local Performer

I was charged twice this month for my subscription thru Apple 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tlangelier I moved your post to this thread since you reported a similar issue.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to resolve this, as well as how to request a refund from Apple.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Kari90gr
Local Performer

When paying my Pandora I purchased pandora twice by accident who can I talk to about my bill

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kari90gr I do see your account is currently upgraded via Apple.

To clarify, were both charges for Pandora processed by Apple?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Kari90gr
Local Performer
Yes
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @Kari90gr.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to resolve this, as well as how to request a refund from Apple.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

corkey2u
Local Performer

I have two active pandora messages on my ios device that says it will charge me twice June 17. I think it set me up twice and will charge my Apple account. 2 times on June 17 can you please check for me. I have also noticed that after up grade I am still getting adds. I tried signing off and back on.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@corkey2u Nice to see you around the Community. 

Double charged by Apple:

3. Tap on your Apple ID.
  6. Tap Subscriptions.
  7. Select Pandora.

If you don't see two checkboxes, then you will need to reach out to the Apple support team for more help canceling.

Next, you'll want to request a refund through Apple for the extra charge. To do that, please follow Apple's request a refund steps.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Still hearing ads:

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Packerboy
Local Performer

I got charged 12.99 but I just made the 12.99 payment earlier this week on a different device it still came out of my account on my apple device 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Packerboy It sounds like you were double charged by Apple, as they are the only service who offers Pandora Premium at the $12.99 price point.

2. Tap your name at the top to access your Apple ID.
  3. Tap Subscriptions.
  4. Select Pandora.
  5. There may be two subscriptions with checkmarks visible next to them. Cancel the subscription you aren't using.

If you don't see two checkmarks then you'll need to reach out to the Apple support team for more help canceling.

Next, you'll want to request a refund through Apple for the extra charge. To do that, please follow Apple's request a refund steps.

I hope this is helpful.

0 Kudos

Areyanawashere
Local Performer

I’ve been double charged by apple for Pandora, how do I get a refund?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Areyanawashere! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you've been double charged.

Please view @AdamPandora accepted solution above for specific steps on how to request a refund for Apple.

If you run into trouble with these, steps, please reach out to the Apple Support team for further help. Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos