cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Sorry, your payment information is not valid"

sibyfi44
Local Performer

I'm trying to upgrade my plan from Premium to Family and it's telling my account details are incorrect.  I've verified and my account details are correct.

Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 5.57.16 PM.png

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
99 Replies

swbrains
Underground

After opening a support ticket, I finally got a message from support that said they had provided me with a free Plus account for one week, and that I could try payment again when the ads started reappearing.  If I had trouble, the message said to clear my browser cache and history and restart my browser.

Since I had already tried that and many other troubleshooting steps, I asked if they knew about an existing issue or if they were simply hoping I would have better luck in a week.  I got a reply to that question the next day which said, "We are aware of this issue and are working on it. I've passed your info along to our engineers. "

So it seems that, at least privately, Pandora have admitted there is a known issue with submitting payment information.  It would seem easier to simply put a preemptive message on their payment page acknowledging this known issue rather than fielding a continuous stream of community forum posts or support tickets, but that's up to their support staff, I guess.  At minimum, I would change the message that appears when the payment info is submitted to let the user know that there's no need to try again, that is:  "it's an issue on our side and we're working on it..." 

0 Kudos

Rodulu
Local Performer

I keep trying to upgrade and keep getting the message "Sorry, your payment information is not valid. Please update your details.".  I've tried all of my credit cards and get the same message.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Argh!

MOHLovesAlaska
Platinum Certified

@Rodulu here are the five people who can get you through the problem you are currently having. @AlyssaPandora@AdamPandora@TannerPandora@ShannonPandora, and @ErickPandora. One of them will walk you through your problem. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora

@Rodulu I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

BeatlePaul
Local Performer

I keep getting this error, but the payment information is correct. "Sorry, your payment information is not valid. Please update your details."

0 Kudos

whattonmw
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  Trying to upgrade and using a card I know is good, but it says its not valid.  Would appreciate this getting resolved. Thanks, Mike

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@whattonmw I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@BeatlePaul I moved your post into this existing thread: Error Message: "Sorry, your payment information is not valid"

Someone from our support team will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

rcraig78681
Local Performer

I've tried multiple times yesterday and today to start a new Pandora Plus subscription.  Every time it fails with this message: Sorry, your payment information is not valid. Please update your details.  I know this is a valid card; it's used on many other accounts.  The bank has no record of Pandora attempting to charge the card.  I think the Pandora system is not working properly.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@rcraig78681 I moved your post into this existing thread: Error Message: "Sorry, your payment information is not valid"

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

rcraig78681
Local Performer

Adam, thank you.  I've created unnecessary confusion.  I posted from my own account but I was acting on my wife's behalf. Is it possible to transfer the free week to her?

I tried both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10 and had the same error on both.  I know the credit card is good.  The problem is on the Pandora end.  The bank sees no activity against the card from Pandora.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@rcraig78681 Thanks for the update.

Please have her contact our support team directly, and they will be happy to take a closer look at her account.

She can send her message here.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 06/29/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Our billing department is aware of the issue some of you are experiencing with this error message: "Sorry, your payment information is not valid"

Since this is something that can be caused for a variety of reasons, our support team will need to look at each of your accounts individually. 

If you are running into this error when attempting to upgrade, please contact our support team directly and they will be happy to further assist. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

View solution in original post

zarry
Local Performer

Would like to upgrade, but receive the message "Something has gone wrong."

I'd very much like to upgrade to Pandora Plus, but no matter whether I'm using Edge or Chrome, and no matter which payment information I enter, I get an error. I tried to look for a way to submit a request for support myself, but it seems posting in this forum is the way to do it.

I enjoy your service and want to enjoy it more without advertisements. Please let me give you money!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@zarry I moved your post into this existing thread: Error Message: "Sorry, your payment information is not valid"

Some others on this thread have mentioned that on top of getting the "Something has gone wrong" error, they are receiving the "Sorry, your payment information is not valid" error. 

Can you please confirm if you are also receiving both error messages?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

craig78681
Local Performer

I want to let you know that was able to initiate her Pandora Plus subscription today.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Happy to hear that, @craig78681. 😁

Hope she enjoys her subscription!  

0 Kudos

zarry
Local Performer

Yes, thank you very much for the help. I got to enjoy my music 🙂

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@zarry Thanks for following up.

I do see you were able to successfully upgrade to Pandora Plus.

Let me know if there is anything else we can assist you with. 

0 Kudos

kcmarang
Local Performer

I just received a new debit card & am trying to update my card info in subscriptions. The only things different are the expiration date & security code. After entering the new info & hitting save I receive this message every time:

Sorry, your payment information is not valid. Please update your details.

Please advise , Keith

0 Kudos