cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

Local Performer

At home we listen to Pandora via Sonos / Alexa smart speakers. At the same time my wife as well as I like to listen through our phones. To avoid the "someone else is listening" issue we joined the family plan. Annoyingly this did not help, as we still got the same error msg. 

As a next step I created for my own use a new account and invited it into the family. But now I get ads. How do I change that?

Also, this setup also makes it cumbersome as I always have to change user on my phone. 

There must be a more elegant way, appreciate any help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Family Plan Issues

@debitinker If that error message is popping up, then that means someone else is logged into your account on their device and attempting to stream Pandora at the same time as you.

Each member of your family will need to be logged into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts that are added to your family plan.

If you believe that message is getting triggered due to an unauthorized user on your account, please reach out to our support team directly for assistance with securing your account here

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Listening on (TWO) devices at same time

@BamaDuckSlayer If you want to upgrade to the Family Plan so that you and your girlfriend can both stream Pandora on two different devices at the same time, just make sure each of you have your own separate accounts created under your own personal email addresses.

Once upgraded, you can add your girlfriend's Pandora account to your plan.

If you are still having trouble upgrading, you will need to reply back directly to the email you already have going with our User Support team, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos
71 Replies
Highlighted

@Seb Nice to see you around the community!

Our support team has let me know that they will be contacting you via the email at the email address your Pandora account is registered under.

Look out for their message, and they will be happy to dig into this further with you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

Is there a fix? I also get the same error message, from time to time. I also am on the family plan. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@debitinker If that error message is popping up, then that means someone else is logged into your account on their device and attempting to stream Pandora at the same time as you.

Each member of your family will need to be logged into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts that are added to your family plan.

If you believe that message is getting triggered due to an unauthorized user on your account, please reach out to our support team directly for assistance with securing your account here

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

Highlighted

Local Performer

So let me get this straight.  I upgrade (pay more). Invite the other email accounts (family members), not Pandora accounts.  So each of the family members needs to first create a Pandora account (free/no charge).  and then what???

I created a Pandora account for my office system, went into my email and clicled on "Accept Invite" , and it stil goes back to my main Pandora account..

Some clear step by step instructions would help, else I am moving musiness to Amazon Music!!!

Thank You,

concerned Customer...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@kfnet-hch Yes - upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you've already sent an invite to a family member and they haven't received it, make sure that:

1. You've sent the invite to an email address your family member can access (not necessarily the email address on their Pandora account);
  2. They check their spam folder, as the invite may have ended up there.

Once they've received your invite email, they'll simply select Accept Invite, and either log into their existing Pandora account or create a new account.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Underground
Unfortunately this isn't an option if you have a Sonos or similar system set up in your home. These systems (like Sonos) allow for only one Pandora account for the entire system (not per user or per room). This makes Pandora Family Plan useless on these systems with the current requirement to assign accounts to each user.
Highlighted

Local Performer

toddleap,

i have the same issue with my sonos and pandora.  @Pandora, will this ever be addressed properly?  looks like this is a pretty widespread issue.  If i want to have music playing on my sonos system and be in the basement streaming from my phone, I should be able to, given that there are only two of us in the house and I'm paying for 5 licenses. there's an opportunity here.... spotify has addressed this, why can't you?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Family Plan only allows 1 to listen

Local Performer

I have a premium family plan. Why is it still only allowing one user to listen at a time? Isn't that one of the main advantages of being a family plan?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Family Plan only allows 1 to listen

@bkapp4 Welcome to the community!

I moved your message to this thread in order to keep the community orgainzed.

I recommend looking at the information I left in the comment above as it should resolve the issue you are running into.

Highlighted

Family plan issues

Local Performer

I upgraded to pandora premium family plan so that my husband and kids and I could all listen to Pandora at the same time without getting kicked off. I was able to activate the account and sent invites and we are still getting the error that someone else is listening to your pandora accounts. I thought this was the point of a family account. Do we really have to all have separate subscriptions to listen at the same time?! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Family plan issues

Hi @Momrockstoo Thanks for posting on community.  I've merged your post with this exisiting thread about the same question. 

Sorry for any confusion. Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously. 

For more information about Premium Family, please click here

Hope this helps to clarify. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos