cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Playlists and Curated Stations on a Family Plan

SweetSounds88
Local Performer

We are contemplating upgrading to a family plan but after reading numerous posts, have some questions.

What are the options to easily share content with family members  under the family plan, while retaining private profiles?

I have over 122 curated stations  on my Pandora Plus Account.   My husband has almost as many on his own separate Pandora account. We would like to easily share these curated stations with each other. But we prefer to keep our profiles private. 

Would one of the benefits of upgrading to a family plan be for us to more easily share each others curated collections, without having to make our profiles public? 

Since we often listen to our own separate stations at the same time during the day, it seems that we would not want to share one account due to Pandora's concurrent device limitation for each account, even under the family plan. Are there other ways to easily share content?

Food for thought- Also, it would be better more enticing to upgrade to a family plan if there was a 2 person family plan option as well. Thoughts? Thank-you.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SweetSounds88 Nice to see you around the Community.

Keeping your individual Pandora accounts:

This is exactly how the Premium Family plan works.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So if you were to sign up for the subscription, you and anyone else you add to the plan would all retain your separate accounts.

This would allow you to bypass the simultaneous streams limitation, as each of you would be listening on your own separate accounts on your separate devices.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sharing content between each account:

You do have the option of sharing content between accounts whether or not you are upgraded to the Premium Family plan or not.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can share content: Sharing content by email/mobile

Two person Premium Family plan:

While this isn't an option, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

This will give others around the Community a chance to upvote your idea if it is something they're interested in seeing as well.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SweetSounds88 Nice to see you around the Community.

Keeping your individual Pandora accounts:

This is exactly how the Premium Family plan works.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

So if you were to sign up for the subscription, you and anyone else you add to the plan would all retain your separate accounts.

This would allow you to bypass the simultaneous streams limitation, as each of you would be listening on your own separate accounts on your separate devices.

Sharing content between each account:

You do have the option of sharing content between accounts whether or not you are upgraded to the Premium Family plan or not.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how you can share content: Sharing content by email/mobile

Two person Premium Family plan:

While this isn't an option, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

This will give others around the Community a chance to upvote your idea if it is something they're interested in seeing as well.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

nomadicsurvivor
Local Performer

We have had Pandora basically since it started. My daughter & I created awesome playlists. We alternated using the account. I just signed up to make it the family plan with the understanding that BOTH of us could access the same playlists. But each time now mine goes back to nothing on the lists, favorites etc. We have been on this since 2008. I was told we BOTH would access the same lists. Can anyone help?? If not I'll just have her go back to an individual plan and I'll go to Spotify. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@nomadicsurvivor Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

It sounds like you and your daughter originally shared one account with one login. I then see you created a new account using your personal email address when the both of you signed up for the Premium Family plan.

What I recommend doing is having your daughter share all of the stations/playlists that you want from the old account to the new account you created.

That way, you can utilize the benefits of the Premium Family plan on the new account you created, with the same stations and playlists you've always enjoyed.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos