cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many devices can my account be logged into?

Sistersue65
Local Performer

Should my subscription transfer between Apple devices and Amazon device. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sistersue65 Nice to see you around the community.

Yes- you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Sistersue65 Nice to see you around the community.

Yes- you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

Hope this helps! 

ddupmul
Local Performer

Hi,

We've been using Pandora for many years. We recently ran into this problem with multiple devices. Are you saying that even with a Premium Family plan, only one person can stream at a time? What's the point of the family plan then, besides having multiple sets of playlists/stations?

DDupMulistener

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ddupmul. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space!

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts. As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time.

However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

Each Pandora account on your family plan can only stream from one device at a time (unless you are routing the audio into a system with multiple speakers, such as a Sonos system).

That being said, you could specifically create and/or add a second account to your family plan for those occasions when you need two personal devices playing at once. (I can help you share content from one account to the other, if need be.)

Otherwise, just make sure you press pause on one device before beginning to listen to the same account on a different device.

Hope this information helps clarify. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

dwmmlm
Underground

Not true. I know many people who play on multiple devices from their home. I always assumed as long as it was the same IP it would be fine. That would make more sense to me anyway.

kjhilltx
Local Performer

Whats the point. Some Home Profiles has 6/8 devices. This answer is, how would I say....'Unacceptable'. Purchased for my student adult without disclosure. Sounds like the Premium /  Family plans are setup for Individual. I don't see this relationship getting any better. I am going to be patient to see if this is actually correct. They state the responsive answer with such Confidence and Finality. This is absolutely a suprise.

Thanks,

kjhilltx

0 Kudos

kjhilltx
Local Performer

Thats unacceptable too

0 Kudos

Spiral_Eyes
Local Performer

I like keeping my Pandora Shuffle station on in my house when entertaining. What happens when I log into my Pandora from my car (turned on 2nd) without realizing it’s still playing in my house (started playing 1st) - 

Will the music in my house stop playing? 

Will the car and house one both have the “someone else is listening” message, or just one?

Will both devices ask to “let them listen,” or just one?

Is there a way to see beforehand if my playlist is already playing on a different device before I turn it on, so I don’t cut the music off in my house?

thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Spiral_Eyes If you try listening from your car while music is already playing in your house, the someone else is listening message will only appear in your car.

The music will only stop playing in your house if you select to listen from your car when that prompt appears.

Additionally, there isn't a way to view what device is currently streaming on your account beforehand.

Hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos