cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

dratifk
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium Military account. But it tells me someone else is listening. How many people can stream at the same time? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
101 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that info, @MOHLovesAlaska😎 

AzureHawk
Underground

I am very disappointed that I cannot play the same song from the same pandora account at the same time.  This would be a useful feature while you are running all over the house cleaning.  I really doubt it is actually licensing restrictions as the one song at a time per account is much more restrictive.

Please reconsider adding this as an optional feature.  It would be easy enough to implement.   All you would do is upon a login, you would check if the account is already logged in and if the option is set to true, then push the same song, from beginning, to every device running on this same account.

0 Kudos

JPardi11
Local Performer

Seriously - I don't mind paying a premium but would like the ability to stream to multiple devices concurrently - we use sonos and sometimes we want to listen to different music concurrently in different rooms - we have one login for sonos on our network - we should be able to have one pandora account associated - call it premium multi device - we would pay for the upgrade to multi devices - have a separate login doesn't work for our system so we either have to agree to what to play or one is listening to pandora and one is listening to spotify - When will you figure this out - hopefully before we all jump ship!  Right now we like the music stations versus playlist more so we stick with pandora but it is not as convenient - I hate getting my music listening hi-jacked by another user in the house - willing to pay to have this stop but PANDORA doesn't have a solution.  Multiple accounts is NOT the solution, it doesn't work with our multi room streaming system.  A multi device account is the the solution - please figure this out.

datchoia751
Underground
WELL JPARDI11 here is a solution to that about everyone wants to listen to
different music well whoever wants pandora is the one that should pay the
subscription and the other keep spotify to themselves and then it want be
an issue about whom hoggin all the gigabits of the pandora
0 Kudos

Leitz
Local Performer

Multiple devices(3echoes,1tower,1google assistant

Will a family plan help with not getting booted off other platforms or devices

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Leitz To clarify, there isn't currently any subscription level that allows you to listen to the same Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

However, a workaround for this would be to create separate accounts for each device you want to use, and then add them all to the Premium Family plan you sign up for.

Upgrading to the Family Plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

In order to make this work, you will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each of those devices.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

They should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! Let me know if you run into issues with this after the new accounts are set up.

0 Kudos

Tony_Kate
Local Performer

Is there any way to share my Premium Pandora account with my husband so we can both benefit from the premium perks on two separate devices?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tony_Kate You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So if there are times where both you and your husband plan on streaming Pandora separately on each of your devices simultaneously, then you may want to look into upgrading to our Premium Family plan instead.

With this plan, you can create a separate account for your husband using his own email address. You can then add his account to your Premium Family plan so that you can both enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription on each of your devices.

For more information on Pandora Premium Family, click here

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Wingram
Local Performer

I have the family plan and I understand how to invite members so we can all listen simultaneously to our accounts.  My question is, is there any way to get the other accounts to show up on the Pandora screen so that accounts can be changed within the app?  My wife listens at home and work and she has her channels.  I listen at home and golfing and I have my channels.  So the app at home is constantly changing from hers to mine so that two devices aren't trying to listen at the same time.  But every time we have to log out and log back in.  It would be so much more convenient if there was a "Choose account" selection on the app so we can just immediately go to our music.  Netflix and Disney and Hulu all have this feature and I can watch my show while she watches her show.  We don't have to log out and back in every time we want to watch one of those services.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Wingram Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

Unfortunately, there is not currently a feature available that allows you to switch accounts within the app or website.

This being said, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

I'm sure that would be a feature many other users would be interested in seeing as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

scaleb
Local Performer

Unless this changes before my subscription renews, I'm leaving Pandora... why do we need to hear a non-skippable scolding about using two devices at once? I GET IT. I switch back and forth between my phone and my desktop. I pay you. Stop scolding me for it.

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @scaleb 👋

Thanks for posting! I moved your post over to this thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

Your Pandora account can be used on as many devices as you like, they just cannot be playing at the same time. As long as you press pause on one device before you listen to Pandora on another, you should be fine.

It sounds like that simultaneous streams warning was tripped on accident, which may happen from time to time when switching from one device to another. If that's what happened, you can go ahead and disregard that message.

Please let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. :pandora:

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

rsh1967
Local Performer

P andora premium oshtold me someone was already listening...I had to stop so my wife could do yardwork and listen... For what we pay Pandora we both can't listen??? Really???

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rsh1967 I moved your post over to this thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So if there are times where both you and your wife plan on streaming Pandora separately on each of your devices simultaneously, then you may want to look into upgrading to our Premium Family plan instead.

With this plan, you can create a separate account for your husband using his own email address. You can then add his account to your Premium Family plan so that you can both enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription on each of your devices.

If you'd like to officially upgrade to the Premium Family plan, you can find instructions on how to do so here: Switch to Premium Family while on Google sub

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

toadthesprocket
Local Performer

Don't I feel like a dummy?  Didn't realize paying for premium was going to cripple me from streaming music on my home speaker zones and PC at the same time.  I regret paying 12 months in full.  Really wish I just stayed with the unpaid version.  Won't renew after my year is up.

Ellen8
Underground

Hi Community,

I'm hoping to get a clear answer as to whether I can listen to Pandora Premium while in the car and still have it playing on the radio at home.  I have Sonos with Alexa at home and CarPlay in my car so it plays off my phone.  I would like to avoid Premium Family if I can.  We are only 2 people and it would be a waste of $$.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Ellen

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ellen8 I moved your post over to this thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

If you are looking for a way to stream Pandora separately on your various devices simultaneously, then would need to look into upgrading to our Premium Family plan instead.

With this plan, you can create a separate account for each of your devices using different email addresses. You can then add each new account to your Premium Family plan so that you can enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription on each of your devices.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Ellen8
Underground
So, if I understand this correctly, I have 2 choices:

1. Spring for the Family plan at $15/month
Or
2. Keep the free option and play on 2 different devices but have ads.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Ellen

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ellen8 That is correct.

Another option would be to create a second account using a different email address. You can then upgrade this account, and the new account you create to Pandora Premium (both at the $9.99 plus tax monthly rate).

However, at that point, upgrading to the Premium Family plan would be a better option - $14.99 plus tax monthly for both accounts rather than $9.99 each.

Hope this helps clarify.

0 Kudos

Ellen8
Underground
Thanks for your help. I’ll stick with the free account for now.

Sent from my iPhone