cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit on Pandora Premium sessions

infamouselijah
Local Performer

I often use premium listening sessions on my phone, but recently I found that there was a limit to it. What exactly is this limit, and is it on a monthly basis or total listening hours?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
64 Replies

AdamPandora

@Trevor23 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

After taking a look at your account, I do see you were able to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

This will resolve the issue with limited sessions, as you are now fully upgraded to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Madore
Underground

This does not answer my question. I am a pandora plus subscriber. I have no problem listening to an ad or video for an on-demand session. My beef is that if I choose an album or playlist, I only get to listen to 3 songs and then it shuts me off. If I listen/watch the ad again, it starts at the beginning so the only thing I can hear are the SAME SONGS OVER AND OVER. What's up with that? I am considering discontinuing my paid subscription and moving on to another service. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Madore. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Limit on Pandora Premium sessions

For further details about how the complimentary Premium sessions work, please check out the accepted solution here.

I'm happy to provide tips about how to improve your stations, which should add some variety to your stations quickly. You can find out more info here.

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Redneckbell14
Local Performer

Same here I’ve been listening to pandora for like 5 years so they should give long time users benefits

I always wanted a music app that was free and I always thought that pandora was free but these past 2 weeks have been my most frustrating experience I started football workouts so during those workouts I want to listen the the music I want but it’s been 2 weeks and it says that I’ve hit my limit it’s frustrating it’s never done this before pandora needs to be free for listeners and if u want unlimited skips or no adds then u can pay but I just want to listen to my music!!!

And because of this I’m leaving a bad review. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Redneckbell14 I definitely understand your frustration.

Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person.

If you're hitting a limit, it means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

In the meantime, you can see if you're eligible for longer trials or upgrade to Pandora Premium by visiting pandora.com/upgrade. (I'd recommend doing that from a computer rather than a mobile device, if you have the option.)

Hope we continue to see you around the Community. 🤝

0 Kudos

XTroyIsBurningX
Local Performer

So I got Pandora plus and before when I had the free version all I had to do is listen to a 15 second video and I could play music from the artist specifically off their albums which ever songs I wanted which ever albums I wanted but now that I pay for Pandora plus it gives me a limit on those and there’s no add viewing feature to let me access that so if this is how it’s done I believe the free version is significantly better if anybody can explain to me what is going on I would be extremely! grateful thank you

0 Kudos

XTroyIsBurningX
Local Performer

Well my pandora plus doesnt even offer an add. It just states I have hit a temporary limit and gives me two options, go back or (surprise surprise) upgrade. So why am I not even being an option to watch an ad? This is some **ahem** and makes the free version better than the Plus subscription...

B3AC6BFF-96A1-43D7-A9D5-B9BBBE0FD234.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@XTroyIsBurningX I moved your post to this thread since you have similar feedback.

Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person.

For more information, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@XTroyIsBurningX I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue.

If you're hitting a limit, it means you've used quite a few of these sessions lately. We're so glad you're enjoying the extra functionality.

I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback.

Hope this helps explain. 🤝

0 Kudos

neel_arunabh
Local Performer

How long do I have to wait before I can access the premium sessions again? 

0 Kudos

Mih23
Local Performer

Glad to see that pandora support is completely useless when it comes to this particular issue. I've been listening for a few weeks now and haven't had any issues until today. I was rocking my favorite tunes when all of a sudden the music stopped and I could no longer access my playlist. Any attempt at accessing it was denied by a message saying that I "Love Pandora Premium!"

Sad I, as of now, am unable to listen to the music I love.

0 Kudos

RRB
Local Performer

Excuse me.  Is it my understanding that my paid subscription has limits?  Please let me know now so I can go to another music service provider that does not.

By the way, this came up while listening to tchaikovsky.  Help me out understanding exactly what licensing restriction you are running into with that. 

0 Kudos

wolfpacker
Diamond in the Rough

Hey this wolfpacker. i cant listen to my playlist or play my music because everytime i click on it it says YOU LOVE PANDORA PREMUIM, BUT YOU HIT A TEMPORARY LIMIT. KEEP ENJOYING STATIONS AND PODCAST FOR FREE UPGRADE.  i cant confrim on my email because my account was disabled. im in a diffrent place and away from home

AlphaWolf
0 Kudos

wolfpacker
Diamond in the Rough

if you answer and i dont answer its because i wont be on. dont have school

AlphaWolf
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @wolfpacker! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing post:  Limit on Pandora Premium sessions

For more information on Premium Access session, please take a moment to visit @AdamPandora accepted solution here

Thanks for being part of community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Fyesica1
Local Performer

I have subscribed to premium and it still says I have reached limit! What am I paying for if I can’t listen to what I want? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Fyesica1 To clarify, your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium

If you'd like the ability to stream content on demand (without having to initiate these free sessions of Pandora Premium, you will need to officially sign up for either a monthly or annual subscription to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

emmaupton04
Local Performer

I have upgraded to Pandora plus but when I go to play a song, it says I met a temporary limit. Shouldn’t I be able to play any song I want ? 

0 Kudos

Arsonist
Local Performer

I just delete the app and redownload after a day but it doesn’t save your search history but you collection is fine. You might have to keep repeating this after a day or two maybe three

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@emmaupton04 I moved your message over to this existing thread:  Limit on Pandora Premium sessions

To clarify, your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium

If you'd like the ability to stream content on demand (without having to initiate these free sessions of Pandora Premium), you will need to officially sign up for either a monthly or annual subscription to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos