cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listening on Multiple Devices at the Same Time

GaryProctor
Local Performer

Does Pandora have a plan that will allow me to listen on multiple devices at the same time?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Listening on Multiple Devices at the Same Time

TannerPandora

Hi @GaryProctor, thanks for posting to community!

Listening to the same account on multiple devices is currently not a feature. Pandora listeners receives their own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

There is a request for this idea in our Feature Request Board, feel free to check it out here

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Re: Listening on Multiple Devices at the Same Time

TannerPandora

Hi @GaryProctor, thanks for posting to community!

Listening to the same account on multiple devices is currently not a feature. Pandora listeners receives their own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

There is a request for this idea in our Feature Request Board, feel free to check it out here

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Pandora 1 device at at time..🤦🏻

Katwoman13
Local Performer

I already read a couple of the questions & answers about the amount of devices Pandora plays on....a grand total of 1....really?

So when is Pandora going to make it 2...possibly 3 devices.

Asking for a family member😺

ThanX

Re: Pandora 1 device at at time..🤦🏻

ForgeMPH
Opening Act

I believe that it is limited to 1 due to licensing restrictions, so Pandora doesn't really have legal control over this. so if you want to use two at once, buy two accounts. again, I don't work here so idk XD...

0 Kudos

RedJokerYT
Diamond in the Rough

going off of what @ForgeMPH said, you could buy a family account

Take Care. Epik Table Flip (˚Õ˚)ر ~~~~╚╩╩╝

mohempstead
Headliner

@Katwoman13  for Christmas my brother and his wife added me to the Pandora family plan, all one has to do is have an e-mail for them to add on the account. When they sign in they just use their own personal e-mail, I believe the family plan is up to six. So one could use six devices with separate e-mails. Other wise you would get the message "Someone else is listening". I hope this is what you were looking for. Take care and stay safe.  

mohempstead

shotdog916
Local Performer

Oh, Wow. Thanks, dat jus answers all ma ques.

I was looking into my other pandora setting wonderin why when my alarms rings in da morning, how **ahem** only one of my phone's plays music and da other phone never does even doe I already set both phones to wake up to Polo G Station.

Ok, den. I guess I'll use ma other email account fo ma other phone. Bam. Alrighty den, 

Thanks Muchisimo.

AdamPandora

@Katwoman13 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

As @ForgeMPH @RedJokerYT & @mohempstead suggested, we do have the option to sign up for a family plan.

If you are looking for a subscription offering that allows you and other members to stream your separate Pandora simultaneously across your devices, this would be a good option.

You can find more information on the Pandora Premium Family Plan here.

If you were looking for a way to stream the same account across multiple devices simultaneously, then I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️: Listening to More than One Device at the Same Time

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator