cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Manage subscription: Google Play

Local Performer

I dont have a computer to cancel my subscription with and that wasnt made clear to me when i signef up with my phone. I want my subscription cancelled and my card not charged.. I dont know what type of scam you people are running but i will contact some kind of consumer watch group and report you if you dont fix this and take all chatges off my card. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cancel subscription

@Chrishodge47 Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble managing your subscription options.

@Squirrel is correct - if you upgrade within the Pandora app using a mobile device, you're upgrading through the App Store (Apple or the Google Play Store) on that device.

If you upgrade using the Pandora website (not within the app on your device), you're upgrading directly through Pandora. Unfortunately, you won't be able to manage your subscription from a mobile device when upgraded directly through our billing system.

++

Managing your Subscription through Google Play:

I checked in with our User Support team and it looks like you're upgraded through Google Play.

If you purchased your subscription from the Google Play Store, use the following steps to cancel your subscription:

1. Go to play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions.
  2. Under Subscriptions find Pandora.
  3. Click Cancel Subscription then follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.

You can also get in touch with the Google Play support team directly.

You can find out more about managing your subscription from our help page article here.

Hope this helps!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
124 Replies
Highlighted

Local Performer

It does state clearly that it is a trial subscription and that it renews which means that either was on iOS or Android it uses your phones payment method when doing so and all you have to do is go into your App Store and go to subscriptions part and cancel from there 

Highlighted

@Chrishodge47 Thanks for your post!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble managing your subscription options.

@Squirrel is correct - if you upgrade within the Pandora app using a mobile device, you're upgrading through the App Store (Apple or the Google Play Store) on that device.

If you upgrade using the Pandora website (not within the app on your device), you're upgrading directly through Pandora. Unfortunately, you won't be able to manage your subscription from a mobile device when upgraded directly through our billing system.

++

Managing your Subscription through Google Play:

I checked in with our User Support team and it looks like you're upgraded through Google Play.

If you purchased your subscription from the Google Play Store, use the following steps to cancel your subscription:

1. Go to play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions.
  2. Under Subscriptions find Pandora.
  3. Click Cancel Subscription then follow the prompts to confirm the cancellation.

You can also get in touch with the Google Play support team directly.

You can find out more about managing your subscription from our help page article here.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: No computer to cancel subscription

Local Performer
I'm having a similar problem. Pandora says my account is managed by Google play, but literally when I choose it in google play it says subscription not found. I've spent hours now trying to simply cancel my premium subscription. Frustrating. Certainly never going to run another subscription through Google play!
Highlighted

@Ferd I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

As long as you are signed into the same Google Play account that was used to purchase your subscription, you should be able to follow the steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message to cancel. 

In the meantime, our support team has also confirmed that they will be conacting you directly via email to help make sure this gets resolved. 

Keep an eye out for their message! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I am having the same issue and I'm trying to unsubscribe to it through google play because that's where it's telling me to go but any time I try and the subscription isn't there. I didn't even buy this. my little sister got on my phone and bought it and I didn't know till the first payment I had. Please help me before my mom kills me for having it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@bambispammz12 This likely means your subscription was purchased on a different Google Play account than the one you are currently signed into. 

Make sure you sign into the Google Play account that is getting charged for the subscription, and you should be able to cancel using the steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message above

In the meantime, our support team will be sending you a separate message via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I had followed those instructions but it is impossible to cancel. When you click cancel a subscription it sends you to "different" kind of cancelations and anyone worked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Jackie2 Our support team has taken a look and have informed me that the Pandora account your community profile is registered with has never been signed up for any subscription.

Your subscription details won't actually show unless you are signed into your upgraded account.

With that being said, our support team will be contacting you directly via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I  just waned to concel  my  subcription     that is all

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi there, @bluemmma369.

Thanks for your post.

Please check out the steps above about how to manage your monthly Pandora subscription through the Google Play Store.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Cancel Subscription

Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with same results.  There is no Cancel Subscription under Subscription or Settings.  Has anyone out there been able to cancel their account?  

0 Kudos