cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund for subscription through Google Play

Taylor
Underground

Long story short, I have a pending charge on my bank account for my Pandora Premium account for this coming month. I did not have the funds for it, so I went ahead and cancelled it through google play and it stated I have the subscription through the end of today since today was the last day of the previous month's subscription. I could not request a refund through their website as the month had not started and the charge was still showing pending. Due to this, I had to contact someone through customer support chat on their website and explain the situation. I was told I could not be issued a refund as the new month started today and I would have the subscription through out the rest of the next month. I stated to them their website specifically stated I would have my subscription through today because today was the last day of my previous month subscription, and asked them where they were getting the information I would have it for the next month. They then told me they did not have access to Pandora's details as they were just a 3rd party payment service. I am so confused why they would tell me something their website contradicts and not do anything about it. Now I'm stuck with a charge for a month I won't be getting and they told me if it ends up getting cancelled "the funds would be back within 1-14 business days" otherwise "If the pending charge gets approved, the validity would be extended for the next 30 days.". So, hope it gets cancelled and you'll get your money back eventually or **ahem** you gotta deal with it. How is this anyway to resolve a problem? Please someone help me just get this resolved, I don't know why this is such a big deal.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Taylor thanks for posting to community. 

I checked your Pandora account and I see that your subscription is billed through Google Play and renews today. I can confirm that you have cancelled your Pandora subscription.

Unfortunately, because the subscription renews the same day that you cancelled, there is a pending charge through Google Play. However, this pending charge should drop off of your account automatically.

If it doesn't, you'll need to reach back out to Google Play support for further help with this as we have limited access to their billing system.

You can get in touch with their support team here.

If you've incurred overdraft fees due to this pending charge, you'll need to reach out to your bank directly for a refund.

Sorry for any inconvenience with this. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Taylor thanks for posting to community. 

I checked your Pandora account and I see that your subscription is billed through Google Play and renews today. I can confirm that you have cancelled your Pandora subscription.

Unfortunately, because the subscription renews the same day that you cancelled, there is a pending charge through Google Play. However, this pending charge should drop off of your account automatically.

If it doesn't, you'll need to reach back out to Google Play support for further help with this as we have limited access to their billing system.

You can get in touch with their support team here.

If you've incurred overdraft fees due to this pending charge, you'll need to reach out to your bank directly for a refund.

Sorry for any inconvenience with this. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Taylor
Underground

Hi Tanner,

Thank you for reaching out. Google Play said they can not issue me a refund and to go through you all if I wanted further assistance. I am kind of getting the run around on how to get this resolved. They even stated "IF the charges get cancelled, you will receive them in 1-14 business days" so they are acting like it's kind of out of their control and if it ends up getting cancelled I may not get the funds back for 2 weeks. Not sure what to do as both parties are saying to contact the other for further assistance.

0 Kudos

Taylor
Underground

Thanks to your reply, Google play has refunded me! They even stated it would take 3-5 business days and with your reference it was instant. Thank you!