cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstate my canceled subscription with Pandora

emgoblin
Local Performer

I received an email today that said my payment type expired and I needed to reset it.  Simultaneously, my wife, who is on my Pandora Premium Family plan through me, started hearing ads on her station.  I utilized the link in the email to re-enroll, but now it wants me to re-setup my family members.  Doing so sent them new invitations.

My Pandora account has been on a recurring payment plan for well over several months through PayPal.  I'm not clear on how or why the plan expired and why I need to set everything up, but I want it resolved, please.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emgoblin Sorry for the trouble.

Our support team took a look and mentioned that if your billing information was up to date with PayPal, then there was likely an error between the PayPal billing system and our billing system which caused your subscription to lapse rather than renew this month.

With that being said, they do see you were able to successfully resubscribe to the family plan.

Did you also need assistance getting those additional accounts added back to your family plan?

If so, let me know and I can help get you in touch with our support team directly. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emgoblin Sorry for the trouble.

Our support team took a look and mentioned that if your billing information was up to date with PayPal, then there was likely an error between the PayPal billing system and our billing system which caused your subscription to lapse rather than renew this month.

With that being said, they do see you were able to successfully resubscribe to the family plan.

Did you also need assistance getting those additional accounts added back to your family plan?

If so, let me know and I can help get you in touch with our support team directly. 

0 Kudos

emgoblin
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for the explanation.

Yes, please have someone assist in reconnecting those accounts to my plan.

Have a great day,

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emgoblin No problem at all. 😄

I will have someone from our support team contact you via email to help get your family plan set up.

Please keep an eye out for their message! 

0 Kudos

mikehmac1949
Local Performer

I have been using Pandora for over a decade and never had a problem continuing my upgrade until lately.  Before this, my account was automatically debited and it wasn't this time.  Tried to re-enter but my debit card was not accepted.  I must have re-entered it over a dozen times and I got the same maddening response:  "Sorry, your payment information is not valid. Please update your details."  Never had this happen before, so I looked for the “contact us” window for a genuine, proactive remedy. But there’s no generic window to detail a problem and route directly to your team.  Rather, a paying customer must first have to find the “community” as the only recourse, then wade through an endless list of posted issues to guess which topic closely resembling the problem.  A customer shouldn’t be subjected to this inconvenience.  All this is “klunky,” but here I am. 

Now…I have looked at all the responses in this post board, tried all the suggestions…logged out……changed browsers…entered a new password, etc., etc. and nothing works.  So I gave up.  Tried it couple of days later, but it was worse.  When I tried logging in with my new password, it didn’t recognize it even though I changed it.  AHEM!

Why make it so hard to separate funds from your customers?  It's the most frustrating experience I’ve ever had since I started using the Internet when it went online over 30 years ago.  Don’t get me wrong…I love Pandora...its options…its framework…its superior audio and its ease of use.  You need to be more accommodating and efficient, however, when there’s a real problem.  Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mikehmac1949 I am going to have our support team contact you privately via email to help with this.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

Ruthekoba
Local Performer

I am being charged $5.42 and $10.85 on my cc ending ####.  Please research and make a correction to my billing... or tell me what needs to be done to fix this.

Ruth Koba - email: (Email Address)

`mmod edit: personal information

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Ruthekoba, thanks for posting. 

We'll need to gather more information from you in order to help with this. I've escalated your post to our User Support team. They will be contacting as soon as they can to further help. 

Since community is a public forum, please avoid posting personal information in the future. 

Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kmichael
Local Performer

I have been following the direction in several threads but it is a loop taking me to monthly billing and that is a GIGANTIC deal-breaker. My annual subscription just expired and I want to renew for another year

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @kmichael. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community. 

When upgrading to a paid subscription using the Pandora website, you can select monthly or yearly billing. To view all of our subscription options, you

Looks like you were able to upgrade to the annual Pandora Plus subscription earlier today, 08/23/2020. 

Would you still need assistance?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Foodeefish
Local Performer

How do I see what level of Pandora I am paying for? I just started receiving commercials again and I pay extra not to receive them?

Thnx

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Foodeefish Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

It looks like your Pandora Premium Family plan has expired, which is why you're hearing ads again.

For more information about that, I'd recommend contacting the master account holder, or asking them to reach out to us directly (if you aren't the master account holder).

Otherwise, if you'd like to continue receiving the benefits of a subscription, you will need to upgrade again. You can upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium here.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. We really appreciate your support!

0 Kudos

kittimiyo
Local Performer

Hi,

I've sent in a support request for this issue (case #03074875) but I thought I'd post here as well. My Pandora subscription was cancelled when my credit card # expired, so I am trying to "Upgrade" back into a subscription. When I try to update my card info on the Upgrade page on the web, I get an error telling me my card info is invalid. I tried with multiple different cards, and I even tried paying through Paypal but I am still unable to upgrade my account. When I drill into the network calls I see that the POST call being made to "https://bread2.pandora.com/api/v1/billing/updateBillingInformationV2" is returning Status Code 400. I think this means it's possible that the request is formatted improperly? This is info that I discovered after I submitted the support ticket. Would there be any way to verify that this call is not broken, or find out what is wrong with my account?

Thank you,

-Sylvie

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kittimiyo I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

They are currently looking into this, and will reply back to you via email when they receive additional information from our engineers. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

Marissa2
Local Performer

I have two accounts with the same email. I want to access the one with Student premium. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marissa2 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

To clarify, it isn't actually possible to have more than one Pandora account registered under the same email address.

I do see the Pandora account linked to your Community profile was upgraded to the student plan, however it looks like we were not able to automatically renew your Pandora Premium Student subscription, possibly due to your card being out of date, so the subscription expired this month.

For more information, please contact your bank or credit card company.

If you'd like to continue receiving the benefits of your subscription at the student rate of $4.99 USD monthly or $59.88 annually, you will need to upgrade first.

You can upgrade the Pandora Premium Student subscription here.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. We really appreciate your support!

0 Kudos

ddinneb
Underground

I have had problems with renewing Pandora One before, but this incident "Takes-the-cake." I have had auto-renew of subscription for years. Now Pandora did not auto-renew my subscription and says..." well you just have to signup again; and pick a subscription that suits you." Well now there isn't an equivalent account without paying double.

The old Bait and switch game.

Have any of you been "up-sold" like this ploy.... Reminds me of a used car salesperson.

Two ticket #'s started... no satisfaction, Yet. 03332077,03332101

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well no satisfaction for correcting a Pandora caused issue. (updated: 01/31/2021)

My 11 yr account (majority Pandora One @$51.+/yr) was dissolved. The only option available to maintain the level I had was to select Pandora Premium.

Sure I love Pandora! but to have this legacy account member treated as though I started with Pandora yesterday is extremely disappointing.

My new rate is $109.+/yr

My 2¢
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ddinneb I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

They have sent you a follow up message earlier today.

If you have any additional questions, make sure to reply back to the email they sent, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Mnovosel
Local Performer

I didn't receive a notice that my payment hadn't gone through. Have been a member for years and would like to reinstate my previous plan. Thanks. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mnovosel Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

To resubscribe at your original rate, you will need to follow this link here

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos