I have T-Mobile ad free for weekends - still get ads constantly - why? Tia

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 05/10/21:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

If you are experiencing issues with ads still playing after redeeming this promotion through T-Mobile, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

• Is it for a specific brand or artist?
  • Or are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

When you experienced this were you using a different device than the one originally used to unlock the weekend? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

I appreciate your help with this.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
60 Replies

AdamPandora

@Hjc I'd like to gather more information.

Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

When you experienced this were you using a different device than the one originally used to unlock the weekend? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

0 Kudos

dwiese6
Local Performer

Ads play as they normally do without the ad-free promotion

Listening on an Amazon Echo Dot to a Pandora station I created.

activated the ad-free promotion on Samsung S9 phone

AdamPandora

@dwiese6 I've gone ahead and forwarded your info to the proper team for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Flhharley
Local Performer

I have a T-Mobile coupon for free weekends. When I try to redeem the coupon, it opens Pandora but it’s not free weekends.

0 Kudos

HecticSC
Local Performer

Ad free weekends through T-Mobile is not ad free. The redeem button opens my account and plays the station I want but there are still ads.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@HecticSC @Flhharley I'd like to gather more information.

Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

0 Kudos

HecticSC
Local Performer

Hey Adam,

The ads I am hearing are the ones I usually hear during the week, McDonalds, indeed, etc. I don’t believe I have heard any artist ads. 

I am hearings these ads while playing my usual music stations, not podcasts. 

This is on an iPhone 11 Pro Max and the speaker being used is a Sonos OS: S2.

Thank you for your support.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@HecticSC Thanks for following up.

I've gone ahead and forwarded that info for further investigation.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

melissaavalos
Local Performer

Hey, I'm also still getting ads. Regular commercial ads no artist ads. I have been getting the pop up to listen to a short ad to start my weekend BUT....it displays on a Sunday! I have tried restarting my phone and the app. I just haven't uninstalled it to try it. I don't think I have to go to all this trouble. I'd appreciate any help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@melissaavalos What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@HecticSC I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dwiese6 I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

melissaavalos
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I have a Samsung Note 9. I only use this device for Pandora.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@melissaavalos Thanks for following up.

I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

BillyBubba
Local Performer

I also have a note 9.....reinstalled the app....same ads as usual.  It worked fine the first weekend but every weekend since I get ads.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @BillyBubba. 👋 Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

rog_sb
Local Performer

I’ve also been getting ads on the weekend, even when I go to a pandora directly from the T-mobile Tuesday app (via “Redeem” button). The ads I get are from Pandora itself, my state vaccination initiatives, and other normal ads (e.g, StateFarm, Kors).
I hear them while listening to radio stations from several different artists. It was previously working, I’m on iOS 14.4.2 which is the same I used to unlock the ad-free weekend. 

0 Kudos

jalirar
Local Performer

I activated my T-Mobile free add weekends on my iPhone 7 and heard the short add on that. But while playing on my Amazon Echo Show 5 thru my linked account I am still hearing normal adds, generic adds - not from artists. 

0 Kudos

Rodwon98
Local Performer

Same here, feels like a joke, Pandora or T-Mobile executed this poorly. I still get adds on my stations. One plus 8 pro, on original device and while casting with chromecast.

0 Kudos