Local Performer

I have T-Mobile ad free for weekends - still get ads constantly - why? Tia

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
92 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Adobandito. 👋

Sorry for any confusion around this. 

After you've opted in to the offer provided only for T-Mobile, Sprint and Metro customers, you'll receive a notification when you open the Pandora app every weekend. 

Just tap on Start Weekend and engage with the video ad in order to access your Ad-Free Radio Period.

Regardless of when you initiate the Ad-Free Radio Weekend, your account will return to your regular service on Monday.

I hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

GregAndTina
Local Performer

Alyssa,

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly.  I did check our account on Sonos and we are signed-in with the correct email address.  I also tried deleting Pandora from Sonos services and re-adding it but I'm still getting commercials.  They seem to be the same type that I get during the week.  Things like Kohls, Grainger, and Xfinity.  I'm hearing these commercials from both artist stations and Pandora stations.  I'm currently listening to Hipster Cocktail Party.  I get the commercials if I cast from the Pandora app as well as when I start a station through Sonos.  

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Kudos

rozwud
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same issue on a Moto G7 Power. I watch the T-Mobile ad at the beginning to start my ad free weekend, but other ads are still playing between songs.

0 Kudos

Adobandito
Underground

This seems to work until I cast to my sonos.  If I listen on my phone after starting the weekend, I seem to have an ad free experience but if I cast to my sonos, I get ads again.  I've seen others mentioning something similar but I'm not finding the right fix for that.  Thanks for continuing to help!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @Adobandito @rozwud @GregAndTina. 👋

I really appreciate your patience. I sent you each a private message to help with your individual accounts.

You can view the private message by clicking on the envelope icon ✉️ near your avatar. 

Thanks for sticking with me during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

achc55
Local Performer

Can I get some help with this as well. I redeemed but am still getting ads. 

I have an iPhone 12

It’s not for a specific brand or artist. It happened last weekend. I closed the app sign out hit redeem again and repeated that process 5-6 times, then randomly it showed the T-Mobile commercial and started working. This weekend I’ve done it 20 times and it still never shows me that one T-Mobile commercial that leads into ad free weekend. 

0 Kudos

cje
Local Performer

1. All kinds of ads - Aveeno, Taco Bell, etc

2. No, not for any specific brands or artists

3. Don't listen to podcasts. N/A.

4. Unlocked with Samsung Galaxy S9

5. Yes, it was a different device. It is a Vizio Smart TV, model name E55-F1.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@achc55 I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cje To clarify, are you only seeing ads when streaming Pandora on your Vizio TV after unlocking the promotion through T-Mobile?

Or are you also seeing ads when streaming from your phone as well?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

nadroj11pr
Local Performer

is there not a public answer? Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue with the adds. Sounds good to have a public answer so people can fix this quicker. I have been having the same issue of adds during then”no adds tmobile weekends” with my iphone 12 pro.

AdamPandora

@nadroj11pr Nice to see you around the Community.

We are looking at these on a case by case basis, as not everyone appears to be experiencing the same issue.

If you are experiencing issues with ads still playing after redeeming this promotion through T-Mobile, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

• Is it for a specific brand or artist?
  • Or are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Did you use your iPhone 12 pro to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

I appreciate your help with this.

0 Kudos

Blk98gtvert
Local Performer

I'm still getting ads to and I'm on TMobile ad free. This isn't making me want Pandora they seem to have lots of problems and do nothing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Blk98gtvert I definitely understand your frustration.

I'd like to gather more information so that I can help look into this further.

Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

When you experienced this were you using a different device than the one originally used to unlock the weekend? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

0 Kudos

dcbiscuits
Underground

Still getting ads with TMO free weekends.  It's Saturday.  Is this a scam?

Connected my Pandora account with Google Home and "redeemed" the promotion.

Just heard a series of ads on the Google Home.

AdamPandora

@dcbiscuits I'd like to gather more information so that I can help look into this further.

What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

0 Kudos

Texzun
Underground

When I first redeemed the Ad-Free Weekend all was good for a couple of weekends, but now the ads are so much more frequent that I now end up turning Pandora off and listen to music on YT. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Texzun I'd like to gather more information so that I can help look into this further.

When you experienced this were you using a different device than the one originally used to unlock the weekend? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

0 Kudos

Texzun
Underground

@AdamPandora First, thank you for the speedy response to my post. 

I am seeing ads for MD Anderson Cancer Center, Cosentyx, one to visit San Antonio, and Keytruda. 

I have not listened to any podcasts as of yet, so I do not know if they are being interrupted by ads.

I use my Samsung Galaxy S7 to access ad-free radio weekends

No, I only use my Galaxy S7.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Texzun Thanks for following up.

I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Texzun
Underground

@AdamPandora Thanks for all your help and for resolving these issues as quickly as you did.