Hjc
Local Performer

I have T-Mobile ad free for weekends - still get ads constantly - why? Tia

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
92 Replies

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @kccoolguy. 😁

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Wildcountry
Local Performer

I too keep getting ads as well as when I play an album I have to watch an ad then stops playing after 30 minutes and have to watch another ad to continue. Never have I seen the T-mobile ad to start free weekend. Using LG V60 running android 11.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Wildcountry This promotion is only for Pandora Plus, not Premium.

I can see you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos

aublajud
Local Performer

1. All kinds of ads - Aveeno, Taco Bell, etc

2. No, not for any specific brands or artists

3. Don't listen to podcasts. N/A.

4. Unlocked with LG G8

5. Yes, it's a new device. It is a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@aublajud I’ve gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account.

Would you mind running through the redemption once more?

If you continue seeing that error, please provide a screenshot.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Ameena786
Underground

I also have t-mobile ad free weekends but also still get ads as well, I have a galaxy so

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Ameena786 I'd like to gather more information.

Can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

• Is it for a specific brand or artist?
  • Or are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 

When you experienced this were you using a different device than the one originally used to unlock the weekend? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

I appreciate your help with this.

0 Kudos

62arash
Local Performer

I redeemed my offer a couple of months ago and have been enjoying the free weekends until today, Saturday 8/21. When I opened the app today, it didn’t ask if I wanted the free weekend, and now it’s playing ads. How do I get my free weekends back?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @62arash. 👋

Could you share a bit more about what's happening?

• As far as the advertising goes, is it for a specific brand or artist? Or, are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?
  • What is the make and model of the mobile phone device used to unlock the ad-free radio weekend? 
  • When you experienced this were you using a different device than the one originally used to unlock the weekend? If so, what is the make and model of that device?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Caged
Local Performer

Galaxy Note 8.  Have ads no matter what I listen to on pandora (my choice us lite rock and pop but I've tried them all even the Sirius hits.  All have ads.  I opened pandora from The tmobile "redeem" screen. No different than if I opened from the app. Tic toc ad just came on now. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Caged I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Kinsey
Local Performer

Ads annoying now, used to work but this weekend, not. Tried an uninstall/reinstall/reboot.

Answering the rote questions: assorted product ads, not any specific artist or product... Unlocked on and only accessing via a LG G6Thinq.

Thinking of just uninstalling permanently.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Kinsey I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos