Still getting ads with T-Mobile Ad Free Weekend

Hjc
Local Performer

I have T-Mobile ad free for weekends - still get ads constantly - why? Tia

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
116 Replies

AdamPandora

@anonymouschi I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

jeffford65
Local Performer

Hi - I am still getting ads after I activate Ad Free weekends. (I think it was an ad for 6 Flags?)

I activated it with an iPhone XR but then I listen via Pandora on Sonos. Yes, it is using the same account that I activated from. 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jeffford65 I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Please check that out and reply back to the message if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Rwtlf
Local Performer

Ad-free weekends are intermittent.  It will work 3 or 4 weekends in a row and then it doesn’t.  When it doesn’t work it plays the normal commercials I hear during the week.  I’m typically streaming through my iPhone and all my software is updated.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Rwtlf I have sent you a private message with some additional information around this.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Johnbyui
Local Performer

Hello, I unlocked the ad free weekend on my Google pixel 4a 5g in the Pandora app.  When I cast Pandora to play through my Google home mini it is suddenly playing ads and not being ad free despite no ad even showing in my Pandora app. The app just acts like the song went back 15-30 seconds for the ad(s)

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Johnbyui Does this only happen when casting to your Google Home Mini device?

Or do you also hear ads when streaming directly through the app on your Android phone?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Johnbyui
Local Performer

This only happens when casting to my Google home mini.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Johnbyui Let's go ahead and try resetting the linked Pandora account on your Google device.

1. Launch the Google Home app and tap the + symbol in the top left corner of the Home screen.
  2. Then tap Music and audio, then select Pandora.
  3. Tap Link your Pandora account.
  4. On the next screen, select I have a Pandora account.
  5. If the entry fields are auto-filled, delete that info and log back in using the email address and password associated with your paid account.

If you are still hearing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know, and I'll be happy to follow up.

0 Kudos

Princekaos1
Local Performer

I'm still getting ads. They are the typical ads I would normally here and not for specific brands. I'm using the Samsung s21 I used to sign up for the ad free weekends. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Princekaos1 I’ve gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account.

Would you mind running through the redemption once more?

If you continue seeing that error, please provide a screenshot.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

cognifloyd
Local Performer

@AdamPandora 

I activated t-mobile ad-free weekends on my Pixel 4a, which seems to work the few times i use my phone to listen to music.

But it does not seem to work on my Amazon FireTV with the Pandora app activated with my account. I just reactivated the device to follow another comment I saw that suggested that. But I just heard an ad for Gain. I've already watched the t-mobile ad/video on my phone today to start the weekend. Is there anything else I need to do to get this working on my FireTV?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@cognifloyd Here are some steps to help troubleshoot:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

jason8
Local Performer

I’m having this issue today. Any solutions available?

0 Kudos

jason8
Local Performer

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app worked for me. 

MissToi
Local Performer

I redeemed the offer on my samsung A-52 cell phone, but I'm listening to the Pandora app on my Roku tv. It did not ask to watch an initial ad like it said in the promotion information.  I am getting ads that are not artist ads. How do I fix this?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MissToi You won't receive any prompts to watch an ad on your Roku device as this is a T-Mobile specific offer.

To clarify, you will need to redeem the promotion on your phone first. As long as. you are signed into the same account on your Roku device after you redeem the promotion from your phone, it should automatically transfer over.

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this after first enabling the promotion from your phone.

0 Kudos