cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with direct-billed subscription

H05T1L1TY
Local Performer

I just finally opted to pay for 1 year of Pandora Plus since I'm tired of hearing ads, and the price isn't too bad.  While listening to Calvin Harris Radio all of a sudden an ad starts up, after I've been opted into Pandora Plus for 24 hours.  As I type this another ad is playing, thus making it pointless to pay for your service.  I will be cancelling my subscription immediately after writing this post until you get things figured out.

I saw a related post which you responded with "you must be listening to a premium thing, and since you only paid for Plus you will get ads in the premium stuff" (paraphrased obviously).  Well, that was never my intent, and I should not be able to 'stumble' into a Premium section.  It should be made very obvious with popup notifications that I am leaving my Plus subscription region to play some Premium supported media and that ads will be turned back on.  Were I to give you money it would be for the ability to listen to music without ads, if you continue to make me listen to ads then paying you money is pointless.  And if you can't get the Plus version right, what incentive do I have to upgrade to Premium?  Thought this would be seamless given how simple my requirements are, but apparently not.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora update 08/25/22:

If you were charged for a subscription directly through Pandora and are still hearing ads, could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you please send me a screenshot of the next one that plays on your account?

Let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
65 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@H05T1L1TY Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you please send me a screenshot of the next one that plays on your account?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora update 08/25/22:

If you were charged for a subscription directly through Pandora and are still hearing ads, could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let us know.

0 Kudos

prncessdi67
Local Performer

I was having the same problem and after reading this I logged out and logged back in and that fixed it! I hope I can get credit for the 10 days I didn’t get ad free 

0 Kudos

astrowave
Local Performer

Hello.  On my primary desktop computer I do not hear any ads when playing my lists of radio stations.  However, when I am listening on my phone or my laptop away from the house, the ads appear (I login from each device).  I thought my subscription would provide ads free on all my devices.  I am a single individual and do not need a family plan.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@astrowave Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your phone?

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Edited for clarity by op

Backstory:               {does this help adam?}

It has been many years since I tried pandora's paid options.  I was interested in a no-ad experience but was disgusted by the asinine level of interruption that still plagued my listening experience after paying(& ensuring I was getting the 'paid' experience).  {look here adam>}the 3rd party ads weren't a thing anymore, but I still had pandora ads telling me to try other stations!{understand? You got regular ads, & you got pandora advertising for other pandora stations .  Regular ads were not a thing anymore} not only that, but after a while of listening(& letting the ads play), it would just stop playing everything!  Investigation into this cease of audio joy showed me a message with pandora asking me "Are you still listening?"!  Yes, it stopped my music to ask me that!!!  Absolutely disgusting!!  That kinda trash was why I stopped paying for it!

The pandora ads I've heard since I started really using the service again(relatively recently) advertise to me a listening experience with "Zero interruptions" at which I've been one to scoff quite harshly & tell others around me of my former experience.

Question:

....However, it has been quite a few years & maybe pandora's got its act together since then, I dunno.  So, this is my inquiry into that issue{this is the whole point of this post, which is why it does not belong in this thread!}:  have the paid experiences changed for the better?  Will I actually get "Zero interruptions" if I pay you and want to listen to a channel for 5 hours straight?? Or are you gonna interrupt my music listening to tell me about other stations I don't care about or, heaven forbid, ask if I'm still frickn' listening?!(<one of the most stupid things such a service, a paid service mind you, can do!!)  if the service has indeed changed & these issues are no longer a thing, shoot, I'll sign up for the "Zero interruptions" right now! ....But has it/have they?

Moderator edit: format 

Op edit: why would you mess with my formatting?!  Please leave it!  It's supposed to be there to help you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrostLab If you ever run into issues like this in the future, I would recommend getting in touch with our support team for assistance.

You can always contact them directly by submitting a message through our help page here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Lisacorey2022
Underground

I just paid for my subscription and it's not working

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lisacorey2022 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

What exactly do you mean when you say it's not working?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Lisacorey2022
Underground

I did a subscription for premium and all ots doing is giving me ads and not letting me do what I'm supposed to have

And I'm on my phone

Screenshot_20221018-113306_Pandora.jpg

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lisacorey2022 It looks like you are logged into the wrong account - I took a look at your upgraded account, and it hasn't been logged into any mobile devices yet.

I recommend signing out, and then signing back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Dmpustek
Local Performer

I already upgraded to Premium, but I'm still getting the ads 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@H05T1L1TY Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Hey man, uh, so... nothing here in this thread started by H05T1L1TY answers the questions in my thread that you moved here.  So, I was hoping maybe you, or one o' yall moderators, or even an experienced listener, wouldn't mind answering my questions posted in that fat block of text up above.  It'd be great to have that information in a quick 'n easy spot for others with the same questions to be able to find 'em instead of having to reach out to Pandora Support or find stuff buried deep in the FAQs(it's often like you have to trick the FAQs search engine to show you actual answers to yur questions = kinda counter-productive, don't 'cha think?), ya know?

So far, I've gathered that this is a VERY different 'community' than I'm used to.  So, still learning the ropes as they say.

Edit: It doesn't seem to show any indicator that I was replying to one of the Moderators with this reply(vs replying to the OP of this thread), so this is to advise I'm trying to reply to @AdamPandora's reply to my thread. ...which he turned into a post here? ...or wtvr these are called now.  Honestly, this is such a confusing place for me.

0 Kudos

jimmyt4
Local Performer

I just discoverd I had an expired card so was not renewed. I upgraded with new card on my computer, but the upgrade has not  taken on my iPhone 13.  I have deleted and re downloaded. I have signed out and back in and it still asks me to up grade. Can you work your magic?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jimmyt4 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

quinng44
Local Performer

I thot Panorama was ad free with a subscription. Not true?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@quinng44 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Mhalstead0412
Local Performer

Why am I all of sudden getting ads I have been a premium membership for years. This needs fixed or stop charging me a fee. 

0 Kudos