cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

Local Performer

Still receiving ads when monthly subscription charged to credit card. 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

190 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Getting ads on paid Plus subscription through Apple

Hi @Sparky1665 I checked your account and it appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Local Performer

I am also still getting ads and I have a subscription 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Davisn2007 Our support team has taken a look and have informed me that the Pandora account your community profile is registered with has never been signed up for any subscription.

If you signed up for a subscription, then it is possible you did so on a Pandora account registered under a different email address.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on your device, and then signing back in using the email address the upgraded account is registered under.

In the meantime, our support team mentioned they will also be sending you a separate message via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ads on my upgraded account

Local Performer

I have logged out and back in. I have waited a few days. I’m paying the fee but still get ads and only a few skips. Very frustrating.  Can someone help please? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ads on my upgraded account

Hey there, @Zekemidas. 👋

I moved your post over to the Subscription space to keep the community neat and organized. 

I checked in with our User Support team about your issue, and they were able to restore your subscription through Apple back to your Pandora account. The error seems to have been resolved. Sorry for any trouble this has caused.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reply directly to this post, and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks so much for posting on the community! 🎹

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Plus Subscription Paid through Apple not reflected in Pandora

Local Performer

Hi, any suggestions are appreciated. A friend sent a link to play an entry. I downloaded and installed the app, enrolled and paid for a Plus subscription with one free month via my iPhone but the paid subscription is not reflected in my Pandora account. Any insight or suggestions greatly appreciated. Below is the email received of my Pandora subscription purchase from Apple. 

You’ve purchased the following subscription with a 1‑month free trial: 

Subscription Pandora Plus
App Pandora: Music & Podcasts
Content Provider Pandora Media, Inc.
Date of Purchase Feb 3, 2020
Introductory Offer Free for 1 month
Subscription Price $4.99/month starting Mar 3, 2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Plus Subscription Paid through Apple not reflected in Pandora

@Chicago_cypher1 Since you upgraded through the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch app, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

If this doesn't work, let me know and I can forward you over to our User Support team so they can further assist. 

Re: Plus Subscription Paid through Apple not reflected in Pandora

Local Performer

Awesome...this promptly resolved my issue!! Thank you very much for your support. Sincerely appreciated.

Highlighted

Re: Commercials

Local Performer

[Email] as well. I paid for the subscription. But still get commercials

dpeiken_0-1580570084924.jpeg

Pandora Premium (Automatic Renewal)
Pandora Premium (Automatic Renewal) (Monthly)
Renews Feb 29, 2020

Write a Review |  Report a Problem
$12.99

mod edit: personal information

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Commercials

Hi @dpeiken thanks for posting to community. 

Since you upgraded through an iOS device through Apple, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

2. Select Upgrade.

Let me know how it goes

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

$4.99 subscription

Local Performer

I just subscribed to the $4.99 free advertising option, however I still getting advertising when listing to any of my Pandoras stations and. I did get charge to my credit card for this service thru Apple Pay.. also signed out and back in to Pandora, but still the same. 
please let me know if any has any comments 

thx

0 Kudos