cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

mrsjayme
Local Performer

Pandora App shows cancelled Pandora Plus subscription, but App Store still shows active. Was working this morning, but around 145pm I opened Pandora app and it says my subscription has ended. I didn’t cancel it.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrsjayme I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

107 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrsjayme I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Hope this helps!

mrsjayme
Local Performer

Thank you! It worked!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @mrsjayme. 🤝

0 Kudos

Blendalucero
Local Performer

I paid for premium but it shows I haven’t. My card was charged. Tried logging out. Tired deleting the app. Nothing. Super bummed please help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blendalucero I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Tyso225
Local Performer

I have had pandora plus for a long time and yesterday it said my subscription has canceled, checked my settings and it says my account is still active. however, I started getting ads and limited skips?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tyso225 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jprime2001
Local Performer

I subscribed to pandora premium for12.99 monthly on my iPhone. I still hear advertising  

I thought that ceased when I subscribed. 

0 Kudos

Rsmvillalobos17
Local Performer

Why am I still seeing adds? Paid through my apple acct

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rsmvillalobos17 I do see you were able to successfully activate your subscription through Apple shortly after posting on the Community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jprime2001 I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

3rdCoastLV
Local Performer

Not sure why the support team doesn’t know how to fix this issue. Open Pandora app click on profile then tap the gear icon in the top right corner. Make sure the email address in the account field matches your Apple ID email address. If that looks good scroll down and it will either say subscriptions or upgrade. Tap there and it will take you to a page asking if you want to upgrade. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click where it says ‘retrieve existing subscription through Apple ID’. You may have to close the app out and open it again after you complete that step but it usually works right away.

0 Kudos

NoUserNames
Local Performer

How do I turn this off so I never hear adds? This experience option **ahem** and I want to turn it off so that I never accidentally hear adds again!

I have used this app for years. It worked fine. Now It plays adds. I guess you guys stopped wanted my money because all you had to do is not break it. Please fix the app so that it works again. Or maybe I should just try Spotify. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NoUserNames I do see you were able to successfully activate your subscription through Apple shortly after posting on the Community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Marktiffsanford
Local Performer

I paid for the $4.99 a month to not see adds and I’m still seeing adds. Is this for premium only? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marktiffsanford I moved your post over to this existing thread since I do see you were previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

corkey2u
Local Performer

I have paid for pandora plus but still get advertisments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@corkey2u I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

2. Select Upgrade.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Daddyaj954
Local Performer

My pandora is paid, now I’m wondering why I’m still seeing advertisements?

0 Kudos