Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

lauren7290
Local Performer

Please help I paid for an upgrade subscription but its not upgraded 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@lauren7290 I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies

JustCallMeChris
Local Performer

Seems this morning Pandora didn't want to accept my payment for Pandora Plus either, been listening to music all day with ads... According to my Apple account, a transaction has been paid this morning. (shows next billing date of January 27, 2020. No email was sent to my Pandora account either

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JustCallMeChris It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@lauren7290 I do see your account was previously upgraded through Apple.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

tfuentes87
Local Performer

I upgraded on Iphone but when i log into PC it gives me commercials- And yes same email address is used for both- Does it take a while? I have logged out & signed back in several times- cleared cookies etc.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @tfuentes87. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

Please keep in mind, Pandora accounts follow the email address, not the device or phone number. You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password. This applies to both free and paid Pandora accounts.

This also means, your account should be upgraded on your iPhone and Computer as long as you're logged into the upgraded account.

I made a small change to your Pandora account - can you try logging in online now? 

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

sunriserbrian
Local Performer

Just updraded on my iphone via Apple. I'm beeing asked for a redeem code. Where can i find it?

Actually, I'm on the upgrade page, scroll down where it's Retrieve your subscription, but when I click on that it says "sorry subscriptions are unavailable right now".

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @sunriserbrian. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

First, I would recommend checking out the accepted solution for this thread here.

I would also recommend checking to see if you were charged through Apple for your subscription, and to see if there is an active subscription associated with your Apple ID account.

In the meantime, I've also escalated your issue to our User Support team so that they can assist with your account and subscription directly. Please keep an eye out for their email message soon. 📬

I hope this helps. 🎧

joemd1960
On the Rise

I am having the same problem, but I already posted about this in another thread. This is the error message I am getting. My apologies for posting twice, I figured I would reply to this thread, hoping to find a solution. Thank you

D254BF4A-BE4B-4D9C-A845-80C948EA9D62.png

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @joemd1960. 👋

Thanks for posting that screenshot. I was able to restore your Plus subscription back to your Pandora account.

In the screenshot, it looks like you're on the section for Premium. Are you attempting to upgrade to Premium instead of Plus?

Let me know. 🎧

joemd1960
On the Rise

Thanks Alyssa, my apologies for the late reply.  I had to resubscribe for email notifications, as to why I never replied to you until now. All is good now, I am on the plus plan, which is what I subscribed to. Thanks for your help, much appreciated. 😊

AdamPandora

@joemd1960 Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

Peretta
Local Performer

I upgraded to Pandora Premium yesterday and I am still receiving ads. I have tried logging out and back in, I did a password reset, even logged in through my laptop and out on my phone. The ads will not stop playing. Any suggestions? 
Thanks

Juarezed
Local Performer

I purchased a subscription through the App Store on my phone, but when I got to the app my premium subscription isn’t working 

0 Kudos

MOHLovesAlaska
Platinum Certified

@Juarezed you can reach out to @ErickPandora, @TannerPandora, @AdamPandora, or @ShannonPandora, one of them will help you get your problem solved. Take care and stay safe. 

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora

@Peretta It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions.

AdamPandora

@Juarezed I moved your post over to this thread since it sounds like you purchased a subscription through your iPhone: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

2. Select Upgrade.

Jake10180
Local Performer

Just upgraded too pandora premium it says I have it and took the money for it but when I got into pandora it says I have the basic pandora 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jake10180 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

It appears that there was a communication error between the Apple billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

kdetrick
Local Performer

I confirmed that I have paid for no ads on my Pandora account, it will not play until I take the ad blocker off. Please help.

0 Kudos