Paid for Pandora Plus and still hearing ads and have limited skips

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danmichelinie Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
65 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danmichelinie I moved your post over to this thread since it does look like your account was previously upgraded through Apple: Still getting ads with subscription through Apple

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Apple and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Start by opening the Pandora app on your iOS device, and going to the Profile tab.
  2. Select Upgrade.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the screen and tap Retrieve Your Subscription. You may need to enter your iTunes password to confirm.

This should reapply your subscription to your account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

danmichelinie
Local Performer

Hey Adam, while it was once subscribed through an iOS device, that's since been cancelled.  I re-subscribed to Pandora Plus through the app on my Android. Paid through Paypal. Payments have been going through, however the plan (on all devices) appears to be basic... help please

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danmichelinie Thanks for following up and clarifying that with me.

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.

0 Kudos

braxtondonyetta
Local Performer

OMG why is this subscription not working I'm seriously one two advertisements and one "you've run out of skips away from canceling and calling the bank to stop payment.   

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @braxtondonyetta. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

From my end, it looks like your monthly subscription through Google Play expired on 04/08/2021. However, if you've been charged since that date, you should be able to restore your subscription to your Pandora account. If you weren't charged on or around that date, this means that your subscription expired and it would require you to resubscribe in order to continue receiving the benefits of your subscription.

For more information about how to restore your subscription through Google Play, please check out the accepted solution for this thread here.

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Creepy_Elvis
Local Performer

I am paying for premium, and shows subscription as premium, but is still running as basic... Commercial and only so many skips... Why am I paying full price and not getting what I am paying for? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Creepy_Elvis Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

TylerA93
Local Performer
  • Paid my Pandora premium and it’s still saying I have the free service. 
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TylerA93 I do see your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Premium through Google Play.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

Tommyswedo
Local Performer

Paid for Pandora premium and it's not loading I have the receipt for the payment. This is the first time I've ever had an issue

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tommyswedo It appears that there was a communication error between the Google Play billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has been returned to your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Let me know if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos

Djracer
Local Performer

I can show where I paid on DEC 15th but still getting ads! Still constantly asking me to upgrade?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Djracer I moved your post over to this thread since it does look like your account was previously upgraded through Google Play: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

0 Kudos

Angerbobber
Local Performer

I paid for the subscription and the money came out of my bank account but I'm still having to hear ads on my Android phone what the heck Pandora?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Angerbobber. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep everything organized: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Looks like you've been in touch with our support team via email. Someone has responded to your message. If you don't see their email, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. Thanks for your patience during this process. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Vic01
Local Performer

I am having this issue as well. I got an ad after paying through google subscriptions. When I click upgrade in the app, it shows an error message and says I already have the upgrade so why do I not have premium features?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vic01 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

0 Kudos

DrBrianCooke17
Local Performer

Hello I am having a similar issue. I have purchased the Pandora Plus service through Google Play and have been getting charged for it. However I am still hearing ads. Can you help correct this issue?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DrBrianCooke17 I moved your post over to this thread since it does look like your account was previously upgraded through Google Play: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

0 Kudos