cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Tparrini1
Local Performer

Why am I still getting ads if I signed up for the free trial on Oct. 22?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
104 Replies

Priddy82
Local Performer

I paid for my subscription through Google play it has been taken out of my account and my account has not been restored yet

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Priddy82 I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

Our support team believes you were able to resolve this shortly after posting to the community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Angelnelson
Local Performer

I have paid subscription but I still hear ads, how can I get up with pandora to stop the ads. I only have this one account so I know I didnt pay on another. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Angelnelson I moved your post to this thread since your account was previously upgraded through Google Play.

Since you purchased your Pandora subscription from the app store on your Android device (Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore), you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

bugjones
Local Performer

Why is it so hard to get support in the first place!? It took me a month to get this far..

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bugjones I moved your post to this thread since you were experiencing a similar issue.

It appears that there was a communication error between the Google Play billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

Additionally, if you ever need to get in direct contact with our support team, you can always send them a message through our help page.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

kayla_marie
Local Performer

Hey everyone, I'm a bit frustrated just want to listen to my music, my playlist, my stations pretty much everything that I've been accumulating and collecting over the past four or five years. But I'm having trouble getting Pandora to recognize that my subscription in Google play shows that I have an active premium membership. I have deleted the app and reinstalled it I've signed out of my Pandora account and signed back in. I don't know what else to do, but I'm going crazy! Music is my life! Please please help, thank you in advance!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@kayla_marie If you paid for a Pandora Premium subscription through Google Play, then you should be able to restore it to your account by following the instructions provided in the accepted solution to this thread. 

In the meantime, I will also have someone from our support team contact you separately via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 

0 Kudos

jasonallen347
Local Performer

Please escalate my account. because this is happening to me it's happened to me for the last 2 months. Your help section is worthless because I can't actually put in a ticket to have somebody look at it it just sends me to this page constantly

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jasonallen347 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

It appears that there was a communication error between the Google Play billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has returned to your account.

Additionally, if you ever need to get in direct contact with our support team, you can always send them a message through our help page.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Leticia
Local Performer

I ordered pandora premium, paid for it two days ago, yet I can't access it at all. I want my money back if I can't even access the basics. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Leticia. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized: Still getting ads with sub through Google Play 

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I do see that you were charged recently through Google Play for Premium.

Let's try restoring your subscription using these steps from your Android device.

Feel free to let us know if you still have trouble with this. 📲

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Scgreg12
Local Performer

I paid but no upgrade! And yes i did log out and in.

Not very happy about this!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Scgreg12 thanks for posting and sorry for the trouble with your subscription. I moved your post to an existing thread on this.

It appears that there was a communication error between the Google Play billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has been returned to your account.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Obbrown1982
Local Performer

Hello I need help

I been had a subscription with y'all y'all charge already this month for having it I updated my account a couple days ago y'all charge me again and now today y'all telling I don't have premium or anything now

0 Kudos

carteranderson
Local Performer

I signed up for Pandora Premium service many months ago, have been getting billed through Google Play, but not getting the service.    Is there not a phone number to speak to a customer service representative?

Additionally I clicked on your link, I can't actually send an email to customer service report my problem, it just keeps sending me back in a loop through Community Support. Incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@carteranderson I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Restoring your subscription through Google Play:

Since you purchased your Pandora subscription from the app store on your Android device (Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore), you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

📬I am also going to have someone from our support team reach out to you via email to help ensure this gets resolved. 

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Contacting our support team in the future:

You mentioned clicking on the link I provided leads you back to the community - I'm happy to provide you some screenshots to show you how you can send a message to our support team in the future.

After clicking on this link, you will first want to fill out this form and then click Continue.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.28.45 AM.png

You will then be redirected to a page suggesting help page articles that may answer your question.

If none of the articles help with your situation, you can then scroll all the way down on that screen until you reach the bottom.

You can then click on I Still Need Help

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 6.27.41 AM.png

From there, you will be redirected to the contact form where you can send a message directly to our support team. 

email.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Obbrown1982 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Our support team believes you were able to resolve this on your end shortly after posting to the community.

Can you confirm if you are still running into issues with receiving Pandora Premium on your devices?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

oholley93
Local Performer

I paid for a subscription through google play and it keeps saying “upgrade” on my iOS device. Help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@oholley93 I moved your post to this thread since you were running into a similar issue.

It appears that there was a communication error between the Google Play billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has been returned to your account.

I hope this helps!