cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Tparrini1
Local Performer

Why am I still getting ads if I signed up for the free trial on Oct. 22?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
100 Replies

Jessickah036
Local Performer

I am still hearing ads even though im paying for a plus subscription. How can this be fixed or get a refund?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jessickah036 Nice to see you around the community.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

In the. meantime, I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help get this figured out.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Jessickah036
Local Performer

Yes but it does not resolve the issue

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jessickah036 It looks like our support team has already contacted you via email about this.

Make sure to reply back to their message, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for being a part of the community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

mikelangway
Local Performer

I have this same problem.

Following your instructions.

After I retrieve subscription it tells me to to my pandora android app to my subscription. I am doing this inside my pandora android app.

Please help, very frustrated.

0 Kudos

Tpalombo3
Local Performer

I'm having that problem.  Paid for the 5$ subscription but it's still regular pandora. Help. Thx

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Tpalombo3 If you recently signed up for a subscription through Google Play and were charged, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Elvira196650
Local Performer

Hello I am still getting interrupted by commercials 

Please check my account 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Elvira196650. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as it appears that you were upgraded through Google Play previously: Still getting ads with subscription through Google 

Someone from our User Support team will reach out to you via email to assist with your account and subscription.

Keep an eye out for their email as you should receive it soon. 📬

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Assumingmammel
Local Performer

why am i getting ads when I pay the 4.99 a month 

Last charged may 10th

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Assumingmammel Nice to see you around the community. 😄

I had our support team check Google Play's payment records and they found that the transaction on 06/09/20 that should have renewed your subscription did not go through.

This would explain why your subscription did not renew in June, and why you started hearing ads again.

That being said, they mentioned you were able to resubscribe shortly after posting to the community.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Megs541
Local Performer

@TannerPandora my account was charged on the 6th of this month and it's not showing it on the app and asks me to upgrade. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Megs541 I moved your post to this thread since it looks like your account was previously upgraded through Google Play.

Since you purchased your Pandora subscription from the app store on your Android device (Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore), you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Smores2wuv
Local Performer

I just got pandora plus a couple days ago & it kicked me off but my account says i still have it till August 13th after that will be charged. But i have none of the features.  Help! Iv logged out & back in, iv uninstalled my app & added i back & nothing but it still says i have plus but i don't i just have the same free one. 

Help please! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Smores2wuv It sounds like you are getting prompted to watch an ad after attempting to stream content on demand with your Pandora Plus subscription.

If that is correct, check out the accepted solution to this thread for why that is happening: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus 

That being said, I am going to have our support team reach out to you privately via email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience! 🤝

0 Kudos

Splashnojutsu
Local Performer

I bought the $10 monthly subscription from pandora about two months ago with no problems. Now you’ve charged me again and I’m still getting ads and can’t use my playlist without watching a video. Fix this immediately or give me my money back

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Splashnojutsu! Thanks for posting to community and sorry for any trouble.

I moved your message over to an existing thread that was similar: Upgraded but still hearing ads

It appears that there was a communication error between the Google Play billing system and our system. The error seems to have been resolved and your subscription has been returned to your account.

Sorry for any inconvenience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

vhowell958
Local Performer

I am having the same problem for four or 5 days now

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@vhowell958 I moved your post to this thread since your account was previously upgraded through Google Play.

If your subscription is still active and you have been charged within the last month, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

3glenwoodcurry
Local Performer

I switch phones in my continue without commercial is not on my phone

I bought a different phone my account with Pandora does not change the commercials. I supposed to have no interruptions just play music continuously

0 Kudos