cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Local Performer

Why am I still getting ads if I signed up for the free trial on Oct. 22?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
71 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Still getting ads on Pandora trial

@Tparrini1 Our support team has taken a look at the Pandora account your Community account is connected to and they have confirmed that the trial you recently signed up for has not connected to your account yet.

Since you purchased your Pandora subscription from the app store on your Android device (Google Play Store or the Amazon Appstore), you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

pandora premium, still hearing ads

Local Performer

Hello, I read the threads that said that Plus will still hear ads, so i upgraded to pandora premium because I run a small business and need to have music playing with no ads. I am still hearing ads. Please help me fix it

I have a samsung s9+ but I logged in to my boyfriend's apple iphone 11 and linked it to my alexa. when i listen to music on my phone, no ads. When I tell Alexa to play pandora, ads. No, we do not listen concurrently. I only logged into my bf's apple phone because android does not link to alexa yet and i'm waiting for that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: pandora premium, still hearing ads

@fernyb00 I moved your post to this thread as it does appear your account is upgraded to Pandora Premium through Google Play, so no ads should play.

Hearing ads on Amazon Alexa:

Based off of your message, it sounds like you are only hearing ads when streaming Pandora through your Alexa device. 

I'd recommend signing out of your Pandora on your Alexa app and then back in again, to ensure you're logged in with the correct account.

To do this:

1. Launch the Amazon Alexa App on your mobile device.
  2. Tap the Menu button in the top left corner and then choose Settings.
  3. Select Music and tap Pandora.
  4. Select Disable Skill. Then tap Enable to sign back in with the correct Pandora account. (Let me know if you need me to reset your password for you.)

If you are still getting ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are receiving?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Streaming Pandora in your business:

It sounds like you're using Pandora to play music in a public setting (which is not considered personal use).

If so, we have a solution for you. Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings like these through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Why am I getting commercials now on my $4.99 plan?

Local Performer

Why I'm I listing to commercials I was already charged 4.99

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Why am I getting commercials now on my $4.99 plan?

@Elviscruz1 I moved your post to this thread as it appears you are running into a similar issue with your subscription purchased through Google Play.

Please try running through the steps listed in the accepted solution to this thread as they should help restore your subscription back to your account.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Ads

Local Performer

Why am I getting ads after years of being a subscriber 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Ads

@thechief99 Someone from our support team mentioned you already have a case open with them regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Paid but still getting commercials

Local Performer

I recently posted  a question/problem.  I've been getting commercials for months and have been a pair subscriber for many years.  I was told my goo8paments were not received.  Duh I've been paying w6my credit card since day 1 5+ years ago.  I sent them a sceen shot of all the payments made including this month. Nothing. what should I do 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Paid but still getting commercials

@thechief99 It looks like you are already in conversation with our support team.

If you have additional questions, make sure to reply back directly to the email thread you have going with them and they will be happy to further assist. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Charged for Nothing

Local Performer

Pandora auto renewed from my Google play account, but I still don't have premium. Yet, my Google play account went from 10.01 to 0.02. I have restarted, reinstalled, and signed out/in. No luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Charged for Nothing

@Anorblu Our support team believes you were able to resolve this shortly after posting to the community.

Can you confirm that Pandora Premium is now showing on your account?

0 Kudos