cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Tparrini1
Local Performer

Why am I still getting ads if I signed up for the free trial on Oct. 22?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
98 Replies

AdamPandora

@3glenwoodcurry I moved your post to this thread since your account is currently upgraded through Google play.

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

tommyedgeman
Local Performer

we are paying for pandora plus but we are getting advertisements

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tommyedgeman It looks like you are running into an issue where your subscription through Google Play is getting transferred back and forth between two different Pandora accounts you have set up.

I am going to have our support team contact you privately via email to help straighten this out.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos

Drü
Local Performer

Hey all, I got the basic subscription for Pandora but I'm still getting commercials? I looked through my settings and it asks me to "activate" this phone... But I never received an activation E-mail nor am I certain that is the issue. Please help, thank you.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Drü I moved your post to this thread since your account was previously upgraded through Google Play.

If your subscription is still active and you have been charged within the last month, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription reapplied to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

MP54
Local Performer

I am hearing commercials during air play on music channels.  Pandora has already received payment and I registered all devices when I signed up.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @MP54. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community!

Someone from our User Support team will be in touch with you to assist with this.

Please keep an eye out for their email. If you don't see the message soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't up there. 📬

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Bill8989
Local Performer

Why do i get commercial when o up grade

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Bill8989 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

It looks like your subscription is getting transferred between two different Pandora accounts.

I am going to have someone from our support team contact you privately via email to help provide more information around this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

thatringokid
Local Performer

Hello, I've been getting charged for pandora since August , although I did not sign up, and had no idea because I was still getting ads the entire time. How can I get a refund?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@thatringokid Someone from our support team will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 📬

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.

If you continue to experience issues with this, you will need to contact our support team directly for further assistance. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jaredeby
Local Performer

On Google play it says that I have the premium subscription. But when I open the app with the associated account it still wants me to upgrade. I'm still watching ads. When I click upgrade it says error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have signed out and signed in. Something is wrong!!!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jaredeby I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

If you continue to run into issues, can you please send me a screenshot of the error message that is popping up?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

LILPOPPA
Local Performer

Hey. I purchased the plus and later purchased the premium but I'm still getting ads. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LILPOPPA Someone from our support team will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

0 Kudos

toivo2692
Local Performer

Bought a new phone, updated email and now getting ads even though I pay not to.  Cannot actually talk to anyone, only sent to various threads.  Very poor customer service.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@toivo2692 While Pandora does not offer phone support, there are a number of other ways you can contact us with any questions you have. Check out this thread for more information: How to contact customer service?

This being said, I have created a ticket for you with our support team so they can further assist.

It looks like you have two Pandora accounts set up - one free, and one upgraded. You'll need to sign into your upgraded account on your new device in order to enjoy the benefits of your subscription.

Keep an eye out for that message coming from our support team and they will be happy to further explain.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Wildduncan
Local Performer

why am I getting ads on my Pandora plus account??

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Wildduncan Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos