cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Tparrini1
Local Performer

Why am I still getting ads if I signed up for the free trial on Oct. 22?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos
98 Replies

Forum17
Local Performer

I have a new device and an active subscription until 3/14 (confirmed in Google play store) with my Gmail email. The app is not recognizing my subscription and prompting me to upgrade. Is there something that needs to be done on your side to make it work correctly? Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Forum17 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.
  2. From My Collection, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar.
  3. Select Upgrade in the top left corner.
  4. Finally, select Retrieve your subscription.

This should reapply your subscription to your account for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Switchback
Local Performer

I upgraded from Plus to Premium but I do not have access to Premium features. I am still being prompted to upgrade to Premium. This occurs across all devices, mobile app and web. I have logged out and back in. I paid for both subscriptions via Google Pay.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Switchback You should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

1. Open the Pandora App on the Android device you used to upgrade, and log into the desired Pandora account.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

SavageKeanu
Local Performer

I just had the same thing happen to me I can show you a screenshot from my bank statement saying pandora just charged me for the plus subscription the after it charged me it went back to pandora and said subscriptions aren't available right now. So I tried again and it denied me. So I looked and it said I got charged for one and have it active and got denied the other charge because one is already active. 

0 Kudos

SavageKeanu
Local Performer

I used the retrieve your subscription button I guess that's all I had to do but since doing that it started skipping like a CD every now and then  hopefully it stops doing that lol

0 Kudos

Killen1977
Local Performer

I paid ten dollars and it didn't upgrade. I still have upgrades and Pandora asking me to upgrade. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SavageKeanu To resolve the issue you are running into with music skipping, try running through our suggested troubleshooting steps here.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Killen1977 Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Evette9701
Local Performer

I for an upgrade but my account was not upgraded. Miney has already been taken out of my card

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Evette9701 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

If you were charged within the last month for a subscription to Pandora through Google Play and are still hearing ads, you should be able to use the following steps to get your subscription activated and returned to your account:

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

joarbr
Local Performer

I am getting ads after a month or two changing my email address. I have logged out and logged back in several times, but they still keep coming. I am paying for upgrade so I should not be getting them.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@joarbr I had someone from our support team check Google Play's payment records and found that the transaction this month that should have renewed your subscription did not go through.

If you've been billed in March by Google Play for your subscription to Pandora, please let me know.

Otherwise, you'll need to update your payment information with Google Play and resubscribe.

You can view Google's edit your payment method steps for directions to manage the payment options on your Google Play account.

Thereafter, from an Android device, go to the Profile tab in the bottom navigation bar and select Upgrade in the top left corner.

Alternatively, you can upgrade your account directly through Pandora.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

SG123
Local Performer

Ads after signing up for Pandora plus

I signed up for ad free so as not to be annoyed, now I'm really annoyed.  How can I cancel this mess?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SG123 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you'd still prefer to cancel your subscription completely, you can find instructions on how to do so here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Zbozzz
Local Performer

I paid for the no AD Pandora. But I am still getting ads.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Zbozzz I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

If you are still seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Marlaina11
Local Performer

Ok..I would like my commercial free subscription I paid for 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Marlaina11 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still getting ads with subscription through Google

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos