cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I just paid 4.99 and my upgrade not working

TannerPandora

Hi @Wjh18882004 - thanks for posting to community. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread that I believe is related to your post.

Since you're upgraded to Pandora Plus and not Premium, it looks like you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

For a full explanation I would check out @AdamPandora accepted solution here

Hope this helps to explain. 

++

If you're experiencing a different issue, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Ads with Pandora Plus

ciarracraft
Local Performer

I just upgraded to Pandora Plus, because it said I would be able to “search and play anything”. Any time I search for a specific song it prompts me to “watch an ad to listen in pandora premium”...I could already get temporary sessions of pandora premium by watching ads BEFORE I upgraded, so what exactly did I pay for? It was advertised that I would be able to search specific songs and play them, and I can’t. 

0 Kudos

Re: Ads with Pandora Plus

AdamPandora

@ciarracraft We apologize for any confusion around this.

Hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription:

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

For more information on why you are still hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription, you can check out the accepted solution to this thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Benefits of a Pandora Plus subscription:

• Ad-free personalized stations
  • Create radio stations and enjoy podcasts
  • Higher quality audio
  • Skip all you want
  • Replay songs
  • Listen offline with your Android or iOS phone

For more information about Pandora Plus, please visit this link here.

Advertised the option to search and play anything”:

Can you please verify with me where the option to "search and play anything” was advertised to you?

Was it sent in an email? If so, can you please send me a screenshot of what you were sent?

Through our upgrade page, it does mention you can search and play what you want by watching an ad first:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 7.19.45 AM.png

Thanks for your help with this!

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

I signed up for Pandora Plus but ads are coming through on Google Home

scottefloyd
Local Performer

signed in w/ my upgraded account on google home and I am still getting ads.

0 Kudos

Re: I signed up for Pandora Plus but ads are coming through on Google Home

AdamPandora

@scottefloyd Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 😄

0 Kudos

Re: $4.99 subscription

candchp2012
Local Performer

I pay 4.99 a month for my android phone not apple why am I having commercials 

0 Kudos

Re: $4.99 subscription

AdamPandora

@candchp2012 I moved your post to this thread since you were running into a similar issue.

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. What's happening, is you are initiating complimentary sessions of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content by watching an ad.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Re: Ads with subscription

jarkin
Local Performer

Ads with subscription

I was last charged for premium on June 16, 2020. I pay monthly

0 Kudos

Re: Ads with subscription

TannerPandora

Hi @jarkin! thanks for posting and sorry for any confusion. 

I took a look at your account and see that you are actually upgraded to Pandora Plus, not Premium. 

It looks like you activated a complimentary session of Pandora Premium when listening to on-demand content, that's why you hearing the ads. 

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind, accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Hope this helps to explain! Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Pandora plus not working

Sharshar
Local Performer

I have paid for Pandora Plus, but still getting advertising and limited skips

0 Kudos

Re: Pandora plus not working

AdamPandora

@Sharshar I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

Still hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription:

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. What's happening, is you are initiating complimentary sessions of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content by watching an ad.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Still getting a skip limit:

Can you please confirm with me what device you are using to stream Pandora when the skip limit message appears?

Can you also send me a screenshot of the message that is popping up?

I appreciate you working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Re: Irritated with Pandora Customer service

music34
Local Performer

Have a plus subscription but getting adds and interrupted music stream

0 Kudos