cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Wicked
Local Performer

Hello I’m having the same issue I paid for the subscription and my Pandora didn’t update I’m still hearing commercials How do I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
172 Replies

Help2
Local Performer

How do I fix it?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Help2! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread here

I checked the email associated with your Pandora account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus via Apple. 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience? If you're having trouble on an iOS device, could you confirm the account you are logged in with?

You can find the active account by:

1. Opening the Pandora app and selecting the Profile tab.
  2. Tapping the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Checking the email address next to the Account field.
  4. If this is not correct, scroll down and select Sign Out. Then log back in with the above email address and your Pandora password.

If you are seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Keegan11
Local Performer

So I don’t get rid of ads with pandora plus? Just premium?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Keegan11 This depends on how you plan on using Pandora.

With Pandora Plus, you are already able to listen ad-free on your personalized radio stations. So if you listen to your Bruno Mars Radio or Barry Manilow Radio stations, you won't hear any commercials.

However, if you wish to look up specific songs or albums to play, then you will be required to watch an ad in order to initiate a complimentary Premium session. This is because only Pandora Premium gives you the ability to stream content on demand.

If you'd prefer to stream content on demand without having to watch an ad, then you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain!

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Jasmink
Local Performer

I’ve done the same and the same thing is happening. Why am I being billed for something that isn’t working? I’ve already signed out and signed back in and still nothing. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jasmink I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like that advertisement you saw was triggered when you attempted to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Jasmink
Local Performer

Thank you. I was just wondering why it won’t let me play songs I search? The upgrade page it sent me to said search and play anything and the only difference between that and premium listed was create and share playlists. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jasmink With Pandora Plus, you are already able to listen ad-free on your personalized radio stations. So if you listen to your Bruno Mars Radio or Barry Manilow Radio stations, you won't hear any commercials.

However, if you wish to look up specific songs or albums to play, then you will be required to watch an ad in order to initiate a complimentary Premium session. This is because only Pandora Premium gives you the ability to stream content on demand.

If you'd prefer to stream content on demand without having to watch an ad, then you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Hj86
Local Performer

Per Description given for the Plus plan I should be able search and play any song but since I got this plan this is second time this has happened to me. Currently my subscription won’t allow me to search and play the song I want to listen please explain to me why does keep happening 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hj86 I moved your new post back under your original message, as I'm not sure if you saw my last reply (you can find that right above).

For a complete explanation as to why you are still seeing ads when searching for specific tracks to play, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps clarify. 

0 Kudos

Hj86
Local Performer

@AdamPandora : the issue I’m having is that IT Won’t Allow Me To Play The Song At All.... not that I’m getting ads. Can you please tell me what is included in my plus subscription. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hj86 You should be able to start a new Premium Session in order to get a song to play.

To start a new session, simply search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play. If you are eligible for a free session of Pandora Premium, clicking play will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy your on-demand content.

If you are still unable to get the track to play, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing after the ad plays, and your Premium Session is initiated?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

For a description of what is included in your Pandora Plus subscription, check out this page and view at what is listed under Pandora Plus. 

0 Kudos

jhicks226
Local Performer

So basically what you're saying in your convoluted response to the initial poster is that the only way I can use your "Artist Only" feature is to be a Premium subscriber- Pandora Plus won't do it. If this is the case, Pandora needs to be more forthcoming with exaclty what you get with each level of subscription. I believe they have a name for this: Bate and Switch.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jhicks226 With Pandora Plus, you are already able to listen ad-free on your personalized radio stations. 

However, if you wish to use Artist Only Mode, or look up specific songs or albums to play, then you will be required to watch an ad in order to initiate a complimentary Premium session. This is because only Pandora Premium gives you the ability to stream content on demand.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

MaxD
Local Performer

So we go premium to avoid ads, and we have to watch an ad to listen to music...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @MaxD. 👋

Thanks so much for posting!

The short answer is no. Since listening to content on-demand (playlists, songs, albums) are features of Premium, you would need to initiate a complimentary session of Premium if you're a free or Plus listener.

You can find the benefits and differences between our free, Plus, and Premium tier options here.

Here's more information about how Premium sessions work. 

I hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

LateBloomer
Local Performer

I am having the same issue, how do I fix this?
I specifically upgraded to remove ads - that was my biggest issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LateBloomer I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like that advertisement you saw was triggered when you attempted to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

btrim29
Local Performer

Yes, same issue here.  Pandora was really great at one time.  I stopped paying for it a few months ago.  I decided to come back to give it another chance.  What a mistake.  It's not user friendly even if you pay.  I gave Pandora a second chance and it's actually worse now.  I have never used Spotify but I'm about to give it a try. 

0 Kudos

Lunasmom
Local Performer

I have an active subscription. I’m on the student plan. My next billing date is at the end of the month. it doesn’t seem to log that I have a subscription. I tried the restore with Apple ID with no success. I’ve reached out to customer support with no response.  

0 Kudos