cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

QueenRella
Local Performer

Why did I sign up with Pandora Plus if it acts the same way the regular Pandora does?! Every time I open Pandora it’s like I’m not subscribed to anything!!!! 

Labels (1)
50 Replies

AdamPandora

@Spuleo I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like these advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to listen to specific songs on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

courseyoucan
Local Performer

My problem is that I have a Premium account which works fine on my Kindle, but when I try to play anything using my Android phone, it tells me I need to upgrade to a Premium account if I want to avoid ads. This is after I have logged on using my username and password. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@courseyoucan I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

It sounds like these advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to listen to specific songs on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

courseyoucan
Local Performer

Thank you for your prompt reply. What is the cost of Pandora Premium as compared to Pandora Plus? I am assuming, with Pandora Premium, I can listen to Pandora on two or more devices at the same time. Correct?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@courseyoucan Check out our Pandora Subscriptions FAQ page for additional information on the price points of each subscription.

With that level of subscription, you won't actually be able to listen on two or more devices at the same time.

You'd need to upgrade to the Pandora Premium Family plan, and create additional accounts for each of your devices if you'd like to achieve that.

You can find more info on our family plan on that same help page article linked above.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ldl1820
Local Performer

When I try and select one of your music playlists other than my history it wants me to watch ads - I pay for no ads!!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ldl1820 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I'm showing your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

It looks like these advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream on demand content (in your case custom playlists).

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Treralph01
Local Performer

I was minding my buisness in school when pandora told me my free premium session has came to a limit so later that night i asked my mom to get me pandora plus and she did but every time i try to play my playlist it keeps telling me to buy it because it came to a limit but i have it so i got ripped off >:/

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Treralph01 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I'm showing your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

It looks like these advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream on demand content (in your case custom playlists).

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

courseyoucan
Local Performer

Hi.

I don't know why this was directed to me. The username is not mine. I am not in school. My mom has been dead for 8 years. Moreover, I would never put "I got ripped off" in the subject line of an email to anybody.

Text of the email is pasted below:

Here is the email to you:

I got ripped off

I was minding my buisness in school when pandora told me my free premium session has came to a limit so later that night i asked my mom to get me pandora plus and she did but every time i try to play my playlist it keeps telling me to buy it because it came to a limit but i have it so i got ripped off >:/
Here is your reply:
Re: I got ripped off

@Treralph01I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I'm showing your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@courseyoucan It looks like you're currently subscribed to receive email notifications for threads you've posted on previously.

Since someone new commented on this thread, you received an email notification for it.

If you'd like to turn notifications off, you can manage those preferences in your account settings.

To do that, click on your Avatar located on the top right corner of the screen and select My settings:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.13.44 AM.png

Then click on SUBSCRIPTIONS & NOTIFICATIONS > Notification Settings:

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.14.31 AM.png

Make sure to scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Save after you made your selections.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos