cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

OGPanda91
Local Performer

I clicked on the subscription for the 4.99 a month, after a 30 day free trial. It let me listen for a while, and then suddenly told me I was required to listen to ads as though I didn't get the subscription, and that my "trial was up." It's been an hour or so. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OGPanda91 It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain. Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@OGPanda91 It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

I hope this helps to explain. Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

river_the_weeb
Local Performer

So i just got Pandora Plus, and I'm wondering when it'll activate.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@river_the_weeb I'm showing your account is already upgraded to Pandora Plus.

Were you running into any issues with your subscription?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

river_the_weeb
Local Performer

Well I still have to watch ads to be able to listen to my music, even though it said ad-free music

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @river_the_weeb.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Dallas_Maverick
Local Performer

I paid but it’s not working

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Dallas_Maverick I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like you're subscribed to Pandora Plus, not Pandora Premium. However, you're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, which is why you're seeing ads.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos