cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Wicked
Local Performer

Hello I’m having the same issue I paid for the subscription and my Pandora didn’t update I’m still hearing commercials How do I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
168 Replies

AdamPandora

@Orozcor1117 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

To clarify, it looks like you are currently signed up for a free trial to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

Because of this, you won't be able to stream any on demand content without first initiating a free session of Pandora Premium.

If you were looking to stream content on demand (such as specific tracks or albums), you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Otherwise, you can continue to unlock these free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad while still on your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps explain! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

RL
Local Performer

Same problem 

im constantly being prodded to upgrade but I have always had premium.

Signed off and on many times.

very frustrating 
ready to quit

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@RL I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

Additionally, it looks like you have been initiating free complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on demand. 

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

ChillGio
Local Performer

I logged out and logged back in and I still have ads

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ChillGio I moved your post over to this thread as it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Those advertisements are getting triggered when you attempt to stream any content on demand.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Larry_Jacobson
Local Performer

Could you make this any more complicated? Seriously Pandora, this is ridiculous. I pay you $5 a month for no ads. Now, what are the rules exactly? Maybe I need to print them out so I can remember what I can and cannot ask for. Sheesh! Apple, here I come!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Larry_Jacobson Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I'm happy to help explain what is happening.

Hearing ads with your Pandora Plus subscription:

It looks like you are triggering complimentary sessions of Premium when choosing to stream on-demand content - this is why you're seeing ads.

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

So you'll still be able to listen commercial-free when streaming your regular radio stations such as Tiesto Radio.

However, if you search for a track by Tiesto, and attempt to play that specific track on demand, then you will be prompted to watch an ad first to initiate your free session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Pandora Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Pandora Premium fees.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Jillian64
Local Performer

I paid for the subscription however I still get interrupted advertisements. I”d appreciate it if someone can reach out to me and fix this problem. I will not renew if I do not hear back. Thank you. 
jill 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jillian64 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

Additionally, it looks like you have been initiating free complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on demand. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Craswell
Local Performer

I upgraded to plus am I not able to make son list of song I search?and I have to hear ad before I play the songs I have searched

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Craswell I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

To clarify, it looks like initially signed up for Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

This would explain why you were forced to watch an ad before creating your customized playlist.

That being said, it looks like you were able to upgrade to Pandora Premium shortly after contacting us.

You should now be good to go.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

TheBakerBoy
Local Performer

I am a Pandora Plus member, have ben for several years, and you send me a Playlist2020 group of songs that look interesting. When I try and play it, it starts playing ads, then it plays three songs and stops, saying I must be a Premium member to continue. What a low down dirty way to play the game and try and get more money out of me! There are plenty of other venues for me to get my music, so this may be the last straw for Pandora.

0 Kudos

VQSBeachBum
Local Performer

I pay for PLUS @ $4.99 per month, still hearing ads

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @VQSBeachBum. 👋

Sorry for any trouble with your Plus subscription.

Someone from our User Support team has reached out to you to offer further assistance. Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Hj86
Local Performer

I can’t search n play the songs

I upgraded my subscription and under the pandora plus I should able to do? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hj86 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

If you were looking to stream content on demand (such as specific tracks or albums), you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Otherwise, you can continue to unlock these free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad while still on your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Digga113
Local Performer

Paid for premium plus and still continue to get ads

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Digga113 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Digga113
Local Performer

If I paid for a no ad subscription why can’t I play the music without ads. I upgraded and still can’t play without ads 

Pandora plus isn’t supposed to have ads

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Digga113 To clarify, with Pandora Plus, you get ad-free personalized stations.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos