cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Wicked
Local Performer

Hello I’m having the same issue I paid for the subscription and my Pandora didn’t update I’m still hearing commercials How do I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
168 Replies

AdamPandora

@Lunasmom I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

While I do see your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple, it looks like you initiated a Premium session when you attempted to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

LauniqaR
Local Performer

I also paid but didn’t receive my upgrade but the money way tooling off 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LauniqaR I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

While I do see your account is currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple, it looks like you initiated a Premium session when you attempted to stream on demand content.

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

hindusach
Local Performer

It seems like everyone on this thread, who is a pandora plus subscriber, has triggered a 'premium' session without intending to.  What steps do we need to take to DISABLE the 'premium session' so that we can return to an add free experience on Pandora Plus?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @hindusach. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

At this time, there isn't a way to disable the Premium session feature. 

If you search our library from your computer or mobile device for a song or album, and click play - this will initiate a session. This option only pops up if you attempt to listen to content (song, album) on-demand.

• If you accept a complimentary Pandora Premium access session (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Plus experiences. 
  • If you'd like the ability to disable this option completely as an account setting, I would recommend creating a feature suggestion here.

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

Lolololol
Local Performer

It won’t let get to my subscription have no Limited skips with ads? Try’d a lot 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Lolololol I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

It looks like that advertisement you saw was triggered when you attempted to stream on demand content.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

QueenRella
Local Performer

Why did I sign up with Pandora Plus if it acts the same way the regular Pandora does?! Every time I open Pandora it’s like I’m not subscribed to anything!!!! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@QueenRella I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos