Did you mean: 

I pay for PLUS @ $4.99 per month, still hearing ads

Local Performer

I pay for PLUS @ $4.99 per month, still hearing ads

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

Re: I pay for PLUS @ $4.99 per month, still hearing ads

Hi, @VQSBeachBum. 👋

Sorry for any trouble with your Plus subscription.

Someone from our User Support team has reached out to you to offer further assistance. Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

I can’t search n play the songs

Local Performer

I can’t search n play the songs

I upgraded my subscription and under the pandora plus I should able to do? 

0 Kudos

Re: I can’t search n play the songs

@Hj86 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

If you were looking to stream content on demand (such as specific tracks or albums), you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Otherwise, you can continue to unlock these free sessions of Pandora Premium by watching an ad while still on your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Ads

Local Performer

Paid for premium plus and still continue to get ads

0 Kudos

Re: Ads

@Digga113 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus - not Pandora Premium.

Additionally, it looks like you have been initiating free complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream content on demand. 

Since the ability to stream content on demand is only an option with Pandora Premium, you will first need to watch an ad in order to do so with your Pandora Plus subscription.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Local Performer

If I paid for a no ad subscription why can’t I play the music without ads. I upgraded and still can’t play without ads 

Pandora plus isn’t supposed to have ads

0 Kudos

@Digga113 To clarify, with Pandora Plus, you get ad-free personalized stations.

In the past, free listeners and Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, without being a Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away (or "on-demand"). Since only Premium subscribers can listen on-demand, you will either see an ad for Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Premium.

Keep in mind that upgrading to Premium or accepting a complimentary session of Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Premium, rest assured that you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires, and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

My pandora acts like I don’t have the plus which is commercial free

Local Performer

How do I fix it?

0 Kudos

Re: My pandora acts like I don’t have the plus which is commercial free

Hi @Help2! Thanks for posting. 

I moved your message over to an existing thread here

I checked the email associated with your Pandora account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus via Apple. 

Can you tell me a little more about your experience? If you're having trouble on an iOS device, could you confirm the account you are logged in with?

You can find the active account by:

1. Opening the Pandora app and selecting the Profile tab.
  2. Tapping the Settings gear in the upper right corner.
  3. Checking the email address next to the Account field.
  4. If this is not correct, scroll down and select Sign Out. Then log back in with the above email address and your Pandora password.

If you are seeing ads after confirming you are logged in with the correct address, can you tell me a bit more about the advertising you are seeing?

Is it for a specific brand or artist? Are you hearing them while listening to podcasts?

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Local Performer

So I don’t get rid of ads with pandora plus? Just premium?

0 Kudos

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

@Keegan11 This depends on how you plan on using Pandora.

With Pandora Plus, you are already able to listen ad-free on your personalized radio stations. So if you listen to your Bruno Mars Radio or Barry Manilow Radio stations, you won't hear any commercials.

However, if you wish to look up specific songs or albums to play, then you will be required to watch an ad in order to initiate a complimentary Premium session. This is because only Pandora Premium gives you the ability to stream content on demand.

If you'd prefer to stream content on demand without having to watch an ad, then you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos