cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Listening

Hi @Jackiefollower sorry for the confusion.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While these Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos
Highlighted

IPHONE - ACTIVATION CODE?

Local Performer

Where do I find the activation code for my iphone?  I have followed all the suggestions of logging out and back in on my iphone to activate my 'no ads' subscription but I am still getting adds. When I go to activation code option, it is blank and asking me to "enter the code displayed on your divice."   Where on my device is this code?

Highlighted

Re: IPHONE - ACTIVATION CODE?

@wendynelsonwork I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

To clarify, you won't need to enter in any activation code to access your Pandora account on your iPhone.

I had someone from our support team take a look at your account and it appears you are initiating free sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream music on demand. 

Since you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus, the only way to listen to a specific song or album on demand, is by first watching an ad to start your free session of Pandora Premium. 

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this post.

Hope this helps explain! 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: IPHONE - ACTIVATION CODE?

Local Performer

So what are the benefits of pandora plus membership? Seems like it is about $5 a month for nothing??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Local Performer

can the free session be canceled so I can be commercial free? what do I need to do to get rid of commercials? upgrade to premium?

Moderator Edit

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

Hi @008808 Welcome and thanks for posting to community! 👋🏻 I've gone ahead and combined your 2 posts into one. We recommend editing your original post with any new content or thought to avoid violating our community guidelines for cross-posting. 

If you're interested in commercial free service, the best place to visit is the Pandora Help page FAQ on subscriptions. This gives a great breakdown of our subscription service by tier. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Subscription ended early

Local Performer

I subscribed for a free trial of pandora plus yesterday, got a confirmation email and it worked the first day. But Today when I tried to download and play songs, the app said I needed to subscribe  to premium, even though I don’t even have any playlists downloaded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Subscription ended early

@Fandldan000 I moved your post to this thread as the accepted solution provides some information on why you may still trigger advertisements with your Pandora Plus subscription. 

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have Pandora Plus

Local Performer

Why am I still hearing commercials? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: I have Pandora Plus

Hi @paffeldt, thanks for posting to community. I've moved your message over to an existing thread on this subject: Still hearing ads with Pandora Plus

I double checked your account and confirm that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus. I would recommend checking out @AdamPandora accepted solution for more information on why you may be hearing ads. You can find it by clicking here.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for posting to community! 🎧

Highlighted

Paid Account Still Have ADs ??????????

Local Performer

I paid for a year and I still get stupid ads.  I mean come on for christ sakes!  Why would any normal person pay for a service and then what to see an ad?

Total !@#$%$$#@ I really hate Pandora 😞

All website who use community chat to deal with customer service are  real losers in my eye ... I mean you have a service business, you answer the phone and I can not wait to cancel this stupid subscription... keep the money ... god almighty! what a complete total waste of my time ... maybe donate the money to animal rescue! at least the money will go to something worthy! rather than ads.

Vomit!

mod edit: format

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Paid Account Still Have ADs ??????????

Hi @tomtheriault, thanks for posting to community.

I checked your account and see that you're upgraded to Pandora Plus and not Premium. You're triggering a complimentary session of Premium in order to listen to on-demand content, since on-demand content is only a feature of Premium, this is why you're seeing ads. 

In the past, free listeners and Pandora Plus subscribers were only able to look for artists and tracks in order to create radio stations.

We've updated your experience so that you have the ability to listen to content on-demand, such as albums or songs, without being a Pandora Premium subscriber.

If you search for and select the name of an artist, or track, or album, you should be brought to a "backstage page" where you can either create a radio station or press play.

If you press play you indicate that you'd like to listen to that content right away or "on-demand". Since only Pandora Premium subscribers can listen on-demand content, you will either see an ad for Pandora Premium, or be prompted to watch a video ad to unlock a complimentary session of Pandora Premium.

Keep in mind that this complimentary session of Pandora Premium is completely optional; you can close the ad and we'll create a station for you to listen to instead (if one is available).

Should you decide to accept a complimentary session of Pandora Premium,  you won't be billed; because the additional cost of these sessions is covered by the advertisement, your account will return to your regular service automatically when the session expires. 

Hope that explain why you received an ads.

0 Kudos